ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black Wii

J9HHY

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Silver Cup
Has anyone bought a kit to change the case? Seen some on ebay and was wondering if anyone would recommend me a kit.

J9HHY

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Silver Cup
Yep, thats the one I have been looking at. Need a triwing screwdriver too. If I can sell a few things on ebay I will get one I think. If u do first let me know what it like! Same boat as u, all black things now I have upgraded to a elite

J9HHY

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Silver Cup
Just bought one off ebay. Will take picks of before and after when I get it! Watch this space.....

I covered mine in a black vinyl, looks good, but took it off after 6 months.

Some old pics:

CIMG8610.gif

CIMG8611.gif

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
why did you take it off again?

I see you've done your 360 HD-DVD drive too ;)

why did you take it off again?

I see you've done your 360 HD-DVD drive too ;)

Well spotted ;)

The HD drive still has it on, but the Wii was moved to the bedroom, and looked better in white in there.

A cheap and easy mod though, only cost about £5.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
I actually stripped my HD-DVD drive down and sprayed it, rather than stickering it up, looks awesome

J9HHY

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Silver Cup
Right, got it with in a couple of days, very well packaged. The only thing is no instructions!! I will keep it short and say give yourself a couple of hours. It involves a lot of unscrewing little screws which are all different so it would be good to write down where they all go (which I didn't and didn't have a clue which ones went where so had a few left over). For this u will need the Triwing Screwdriver (available from same seller) and a precision screwdriver set. Not only is there lots of little screws to undo u have to take the insides apart quite a lot. I was a little worried at first but it wasn't too bad. It can be very fiddly at times and fat shaky fingers wont do! Here are some pics, happy with results all though it was very fiddly. Some pics a bit crappy, only took quickly

Before

IMG_1878.jpg

How it came

IMG_1880.jpg

After

IMG_1882.jpg

IMG_1883.jpg

Out of focus this pic but u can see high quality finish down the side

IMG_1884.jpg

Now all I need to do is sort the wires out!

The ebay seller is electronic_entertainment_uk

Link to what I bought

Case
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NINTENDO-WII-...s_VideoGameAccessories_JN?hash=item518ce5b8e4

Tri wing Screwdriver
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TRIWING-SCREW...s_VideoGameAccessories_JN?hash=item56351d1e13

J9HHY

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Silver Cup
I don't think its perfect like OEM but its not something you look really closely at. For £20 I think its worth it.