ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

blackberry 9700 email set up??

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
hi,
ive just bought a 9700 and i need to put my email accounts on the phone, the last blackberry i had, i just clicked on setup wizard and bobs your uncle but with this, i click on email setup and it just comes up with
'select email setup option...
i want to use a work email account with a blackberry enterprise server'

there is no other option and i dont even know what the blackberry enterprise server is?
any ideas how to get my emails set up?

Bus w**ker
Was the phone provided by your employer or is it a personal contract? If it's the first there could be an IT Policy in place restricting email usage to business addresses only, if so you'd need to speak to your IT department.

If it's a personal contract have you tried going through your network providers Blackberry setup site (www.blackberry.orange.co.uk for Orange) and adding the email address there?

Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES) is the middle man for companies that give their employees BBs. Lets the business connect the BB to different platforms and control how it's used by the staff and ways it performs.

Personal BBs should connect to Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) which is much like your broadband connection at home, allows you to use the net and get emails etc...basically if you've not paid the monthly fee to have BIS on your account you've wasted your money on a BB.