ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

car turns over great but wount fire up

will 2

ClioSport Club Member
  clio williams 3,
hi all, just restarted work on my williams after quite a few years, problem i have is the engine will turn over fine but wount fire up, could this be an imobiliser problem as i could not see any of the lights flashing in fact dont think i seen any on, central locking was clicking , thanks

will 2

ClioSport Club Member
  clio williams 3,
Have you checked for spark and fuel?
Car was running ok about a year ago put fresh fuel in but not checked spark, but if its an immobiliser fault I would have thought there would be no spark anyway

Howell

ClioSport Club Member
  172, Crafter, A3
Does the light go out on the dash? when I had my immobiliser fault the light would stay on and it would only turn over for about 5 seconds before stopping itself.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Car was running ok about a year ago put fresh fuel in but not checked spark, but if its an immobiliser fault I would have thought there would be no spark anyway

Yea if the car was immobilised you probably wouldn't get spark. If you did see spark, maybe you're not looking at an immobiliser fault, maybe the fuel pump is no good?

So check for spark and fuel

will 2

ClioSport Club Member
  clio williams 3,
Does the light go out on the dash? when I had my immobiliser fault the light would stay on and it would only turn over for about 5 seconds before stopping itself.
Got no lights at all for the immobiliser

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
If its not the immobiliser then I would echo Sir Reckless above. Fuel pumps don't like doing nothing for a year and often seize up. I've had it several times. Can you hear it prime when you key on?

will 2

ClioSport Club Member
  clio williams 3,
If its not the immobiliser then I would echo Sir Reckless above. Fuel pumps don't like doing nothing for a year and often seize up. I've had it several times. Can you hear it prime when you key on?
I'll need to double check that, but im sure I heard it priming

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Scabby fuel a possibility too? I know you put fresh in, but if that mixed with some existing crap in the tank it could clog up the filter/pump.

The new Ethanol fuels don't keep very well.