ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Blackberry App Development

I have just finished downloading and installing the Blackberry JDE Plugin for Eclipse as I want to get into developing Blackberry Apps using java.

Had a go at the sample app and it worked ok, even though it was only printing a predefined string to the screen.

Got a few ideas on what I want to develop but what I want to know is, has anyone on here had a go at developing any apps? How did you find it?

Did they work well or did they fail badly?

Cheers for your input.

Bus w**ker
Pain in the arse, the signing procedure enforced by RIM is far too much hassle and that's not even trying to get App World authorisation. Unless it's a commercial app that's gonna make you money it's not worth it IMO.

Had a go at the sample app and it worked ok, even though it was only printing a predefined string to the screen.

Hello World! :D

Never tried it myself but I could see it being a ball ache. Might be worth looking at doing something for the new PlayBook as I read yesterday that if it gets accepted for the App World then you get given a free PlayBook

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Its one of those things, that you sit there for a week on your computer, pull your hair out, waste time, and then do nothing with it. I go through those phases. Like designing themes.

Yeh I read somewhere that it costs $200 to get 10 slots on App World. Even after that there is no guarantee your app will be accepted. Seems like a lot of money to me.

Probably means if I do ever get any completed apps then I would seek other ways of getting my product out there, i.e. through Crackberry maybe?

At the moment I'm not worried about the releasing of apps anyway, just want to have a go at creating some and see if I can get them to work for my own personal benefit.