ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bloody lazy Mechanic

Clio mk1 1.2
Had my car booked in for MOT this morning and was told it would be ready before 5 but over the weekend noticed it needed a new rear shock on the drivers side. Everything else on the car is fine as my bro is a mechanic and checked the car over but couldnt get it booked in for an MOt at his garage so went to the local one. I got my bro to buy me the shock at trade price. Was fitting it with him yesterday but we couldn't get one of the bolts off the shock on the drive with the car jacked up. Took it down this morning with the shock to the garage and the boy turns round and says " Wont get it finshed today now!! "

Is this boy having a laugh or what?! To change a shock is 10mins max!! Its only 1 bolt as well lazy tw*t i need my car again tonight Raging!! :mad:

I was gonna give the guy 20quid for putting it on as well but not now and if he starts charging an hour or 2's labour he can get stuffed!!!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
The ungrateful b4stard eh , after you were gonna give him £20 as well ;)

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
If you and your mechanic brother couldnt get the bolt off, why are you expecting it to take 10mins for the garage to do?

Clio mk1 1.2
Im so pi##ed off at him i just cant belive he turned round and said he wont get it finished. Fred your rite as well it is the upper bolt like!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Maybe , just maybe he had other cars booked in before you dropped the job in his lap ??

" Hold it lads , stop what your doing . This guy wants to go out tonight so its a priority job "

Clio mk1 1.2
Btw anyone else notice with mk1 that they dont do the old oil shocks anymore? I had to get a gas 1 costing 40 not including VAT Gutted!! The guy at DingBro in town was shocked too.

Clio mk1 1.2
Hold your horses Mr Billy! Getting a bit ahead of yourself arent you? Your rite it was kinda dropped on him because i couldnt get the bolt off at home. But if the garage isn't open on a sun so you can phone them and you go down as soon as it open at 8 what else are you to do?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Didn't it ever occur to you that maybe some people had their cars booked in in advance ? I wouldn't say there are many garages around that you can just turn up and demand they carry out unplanned work .

Sometimes these things happen mate . As much as it's an inconvenience to you , thats life ! You'll learn these things as you get older ;) Calling him a lazy tw4t is out of order imo .

Turbos.
I like the way people just expect it from the motor industry...

If i said i couldn't get something done in the time expeceted i would call the client well in advance and apologise.

Clio mk1 1.2
Not a bad link Mr Billy haha. Just got work 2nite like so il have too see if i can grab a lift off someone or use the link uv given me lol! Prefer a lift tho taxis up here are really expensive!