ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bloody leaking sunroof!

Got in my car this afternoon and discovered its started leaking! im thinking the rubber seal may have perished and ive been told a common problem is the drainage holes may be blocked but seeing as so many of you seem to have this problem i was wondering what the most common problems are and what can be done to fix it?

thanks for any help

regards

New seal from renault is a complete rip off mate, i sealed mine with silicone back in the winter, but ive got a new seal now, looks beafier and more likely to keep out the water, i hope

doesnt that mean your sunroof is permanently shut? where would i get black silicone from?

please excuse my ignorance!

you can get it anywhere mate, wickes will sell it yes, Ive got a new seal and im gonna fit that after, its not permanent, you can cut it out

williamsclio.co.uk/forum

Mine was leaking from where the glass seals against the frame. Ive Taped it up temporally to ensure it had stopped leaking. 4 months so good.

As it happens ive ordered the seal today. £70 from renault, but at least i know ill get a good few years USE out of it.

One of the many perks of owning a 3.

When i owned my valver it was leaking all the time did various tests on it to try and find where it was coming in discovered it is where the outer plastic bit of the sunroof meets the roof there were gaps and everytime it rained is was just pouring in..... I got some black silicone sealant from halfords squirted it round the edge where i said and smoothed it over it then rubbed away the ecxess when it had dried leaving as little on there as possible