ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Blue Vision

Billabong
Just ordered some Philips Blue Vison bulbs for my Billabong. Dont know why i am so excited though! :) How improved is the light from them?

Lee

BMW M2C
If these are the sidelights then the light is just whiter, rather than orange.

B4
frontb4.jpg

After
frontafter.jpg

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Where did you order them from??

I want some blueish tinted side lights and fogs, the standard lamp looks very orange next to the xenon

BMW M3
Yeah, got them on mine and looks much better with the Xenons.

Just make sure you dont drop the fecking things down the engine comp and loose them forever. I was holding 2 x blue visions, 1x Upgrade philips main beam bulb, 1x silvervision and 1x indicator bulb holder. Lost grip and dropped the whole lot down the front of the engine compartment and after 1 hour of looking found absolutly bugger all!!! Drove to renault to get them to take bits off with torx and they couldnt find anything.

Had to order them all again lol....

Anyway, Yeah.... they look loads better lol..

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Found them on here
Autobulbs Direct Ltd
Phone: +44-01794 368834
Fax: +44-01794 368819
URL: www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk

If your order online a product over £15 you get a set of xenon side lights free, I ordered the Phillips Blue Vision Ring Fog lights for £15.99 with free delivery and you get the side lights free.

The fog lamp code is H1 and the side lights are 501 for the clio 172/182
501 side lights are sent out automatically for free no box to tick etc, If you wanted a different side light bulb you email them with the order number to change it.

Billabong
got mine from my father in laws garage, (he is the owner) so although i didnt get the side ones for free, or at all, the main ones didnt cost me a dime!!! :)

Ford Fiesta
a couple of people have asked how to fit them.
I have done it on mine and my mates 182, changed sidelight and main beam to blue vision that is. Not bothered with fog as there isnt a fitment for them.

Simple answer is its tight but can be done. First time took me about an hour and cut both my hands, second time managed in 10 minutes.
Helps if you have small hands or can get someone with small hands to help.
The sidelights just pull out and push in. The drivers side is harder if i recall correctly. Remember try not to touch the glass on the bulb as sweat from your fingers sticks to them and can mean they blow sooner.

It aint easy buy can be done without taking anything off the car apart from the round black covers on the light units.

Thankfully blue vision seem to last a lot longer than normal bulbs.

Liam

RS 200
Did mine last night, quite tricky as its tight over the drivers side due to the air con pipes I think they are, rub your hands up quite bad trying to get into the small gaps.

Before:
01BEFORE.jpg

After:
02After.jpg

Chris

Lee

BMW M2C
It gets easier each time you fit them. As I'm tight I've had the same silver vision and blue vision bulbs in my 172, 182 and Trophy, as well as doing a couple of other peoples for them. I've got the hang of swapping bulbs now. lol

avstar1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
Justin182 said:
Just make sure you dont drop the fecking things down the engine comp and loose them forever.

Lol! I done exactly the same, the drivers side one is a right pain and took me about 20 minutes to get the bulb in. After dropping it I could see it but needed to put some sellotape on my fingertip and manged to strech and reach it. Gave it a good clean with a cloth and tried again.

Passanger side was so much easier.

I got 2 x silvavision bulbs and free blue vision for 20 quid from powerbulbs.co.uk That was with our cliosport discount of 20%.

Haven't seen them in the dark yet though....

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2
Strange, it only took me about 15 mins to fit my BlueVisions. Fiddly but easily do-able. Drivers side you get a few more scrapes but no biggie.