ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bluefin/Suoerchips anyone used this combo?

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
The above, anyone used this setup on any of their cars with good results?

Starlet_gt

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T5.1
My brother had a bluefin map on his focus St diesel. Seemed to run very well with no issues during the time he had the car.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Used to deal with them a lot in the VXR world years ago. They're an easy, effective way of applying a generic remap to a vehicle. Bonus is you can remove and put back to standard whenever you like.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
We had a Focus RS in work with one on back in about 2019. I’ve never driven a standard Focus RS so I’ve nothing to compare it to. But it went well, passed emissions on the MOT ok and the guy that bought the car still has it today.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Sound. Tbh I’m not sure I trust a live mapper to map the wife’s car. Not exactly common.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I've used them on 5 of my cars, and always had a great experience. They used to get a model in, do all the development on their rolling road then offer the map out, tried and tested. I've had a few cars custom mapped before on a rolling road and never been happy with the end result (apart from my map from EFI which was good!) - So superchips were my go to and who i always recommended.

Then as most will recall, they went bust a wee while back and got bought out by "Remap Kings" who were a mobile remapping company doing flash maps from the back of vans. My understanding is Remap Kings bought out superchips and started to re brand their current fleet and now use the superchips name.

I got a bluefin for my Mrs mk4 Clio, wouldn't connect to the car, they then sent the mobile guy out, turned up in a remap kings van, couldn't remap it, he had just started that month so hadn't done one before.

I then ordered one for my Kangoo once it was out of warranty, arrived, wouldn't connect, they sent the same guy out, now with a Superchips van, got the map installed, drove perfectly for 5 miles then started repeatedly spitting the dummy and going into limp mode. They came back out, flashed it back to standard, we took it a run, drove perfectly, flashed the same remap file back on, started faulting again.

They were certain it was a fault with the van (not impossible but ive owned it since new, its now 3 years old with 20k miles on the clock, drove flawless from the day i got it and drove flawless back on the standard map - so highly unlikely)

I really liked the way it drove when it wasn't faulting so tried really hard to work with them to get to the bottom of it, doing data logging etc for them but they weren't interested and just kept suggesting the van was faulty and they would refund me if I wasn't happy, so that was that!

after years of good experiences and recommending them, I wouldn't touch them now, they are no different from any other company flash mapping some random file onto your ECU

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Bought one, many years ago for my Mrs' Focus ST.
Drove alot better (mainly noticed it used all of the boost gauge on the dash! Rather than stopping half way. Lol).

It ran for 4 years on that. Not an issue at all.
When I went to remove the map before selling it, the hand held unit had died. Literally had only been used that one time 4 years prior.
I emailed them to see what could be done and got a nother unit sent the next day. Not bad at all.

Now this was...15 years ago.... So it's likely not relevant. But it was back then + the car ran sweet.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
I've used them on 5 of my cars, and always had a great experience. They used to get a model in, do all the development on their rolling road then offer the map out, tried and tested. I've had a few cars custom mapped before on a rolling road and never been happy with the end result (apart from my map from EFI which was good!) - So superchips were my go to and who i always recommended.

Then as most will recall, they went bust a wee while back and got bought out by "Remap Kings" who were a mobile remapping company doing flash maps from the back of vans. My understanding is Remap Kings bought out superchips and started to re brand their current fleet and now use the superchips name.

I got a bluefin for my Mrs mk4 Clio, wouldn't connect to the car, they then sent the mobile guy out, turned up in a remap kings van, couldn't remap it, he had just started that month so hadn't done one before.

I then ordered one for my Kangoo once it was out of warranty, arrived, wouldn't connect, they sent the same guy out, now with a Superchips van, got the map installed, drove perfectly for 5 miles then started repeatedly spitting the dummy and going into limp mode. They came back out, flashed it back to standard, we took it a run, drove perfectly, flashed the same remap file back on, started faulting again.

They were certain it was a fault with the van (not impossible but ive owned it since new, its now 3 years old with 20k miles on the clock, drove flawless from the day i got it and drove flawless back on the standard map - so highly unlikely)

I really liked the way it drove when it wasn't faulting so tried really hard to work with them to get to the bottom of it, doing data logging etc for them but they weren't interested and just kept suggesting the van was faulty and they would refund me if I wasn't happy, so that was that!

after years of good experiences and recommending them, I wouldn't touch them now, they are no different from any other company flash mapping some random file onto your ECU

interesting

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Looks like 300 for the map and a further 150 for the unit?

Pretty sure there are mapping places that will upload a generic file for less?

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Yes was thinking the same. I was hoping due to the Ford boys and the fact that Superchips have been around for a long time that the map would be half decent.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Yes was thinking the same. I was hoping due to the Ford boys and the fact that Superchips have been around for a long time that the map would be half decent.
This used to be the case and I would assume they probably still use the "library" of maps for older stuff but for new stuff they are just modifying a tom tom map of turkey and flashing that on.