ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BMW 520d novice detail

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Just spent half the day detailing my daily driver. Bodywork is pretty shocking tbh with scratches and stone chips all over the car. The wheels are all shot and need a full refurb but apart from all that I think it came out rather well. Below is a list of the products I used:

• Carpro PH neutral snow foam followed by a full wash with AF Lather and citrus power
  • Full de tar with AF Oblitarate then clayed with AF claybar and glide.
  • PrimaAmigo applied with DA, exterior trim restored with Solution Finish trim restorer and tyres dressed with AF Gloss.
  • Finally sealed with Toughcoat.
Only just bought a DA as tbh I was s**t scared of ruining the paint but after reading @gally threads a million times I felt confident enough to give it a go. Anyway, enjoy.

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
Good job!

I'd recommend adding some fallout remover into your decontamination process before claying.
That's a good shout as there was still some slight sap that I couldn't get off. Which would you recommend??

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
That's a good shout as there was still some slight sap that I couldn't get off. Which would you recommend??

Tardis/tar X/oblitarate etc should deal with sap.

Carpro Ironx is a fall out remover for removing bits of brake dust and s**t. It may not be as obvious on your dark paint, but if you look at a light coloured car, you'll see loads of little rust spots on the paint.

Here's what fallout removers do

image.jpeg

...makes the little bits of iron 'bleed' off the paint

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
Tardis/tar X/oblitarate etc should deal with sap.

Carpro Ironx is a fall out remover for removing bits of brake dust and s**t. It may not be as obvious on your dark paint, but if you look at a light coloured car, you'll see loads of little rust spots on the paint.

Here's what fallout removers do

View attachment 153081

...makes the little bits of iron 'bleed' off the paint
Ok, thanks for the advice. Will order some of that.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for the link chap. Tar remover and Iron X makes such a massive difference. I've seen it transform the colour of a car alone.

Car looks great, hard work on something that size.