ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bodyshop quote!!!

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
I've just been quoted £300 to have my front and rear bumpers, a V6 spoiler and my bonnet sprayed by a local bodyshop. I didn't think it would be that steep. For the £90-£100 it will costs for the chips I think I may go with Chipsaway for that. Dentmaster for my dents and a bodyshop just for the spoiler.
Does anyone know anywhere in the Leeds area that are reputable?

Mégane RS
£300 to have all that sprayed is a bargain if you ask me, both bumpers, spoiler and bonnet

Mégane RS
i know yeah, i'm sure he must have tyred it up wrong cause £300 for all that is a steal

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
That's what he said. We walked around the car together. I'm not sure I would need the back bumper doing really though.
He said for the 2 bumpers and bonnet it would be about £240 and it was about £70 per bumper. I then mentioned the spoiler and asked if £300 would be about right to which he said it would.
So I reckon without the back bumper it would be about £230.
Does this still sound like a bargain?

It cost me £400 to get a rear bumper spray, sidestrips and door handles colourcoded, a repair on a scratch on the front bumper and a small dent on the door repaired.

£350 quoted for me to have rear bumper insert, front insert side strips, spoiler and handles done. So yours sounds a decent price!

R35 GTR
good job top speed is 0 as airbag for passenger looks likes a monitor.lol.
seriously though, i love the dash, wish I could have mine like that, but girlfriend wouldnt like it, dont think its as soft as airbag. Did you cut up another dash for the passenger side?

"Navy" N17 TWO
Dam thats a good quote for that work

My colourcoding was around £230 - (front/rear bumper inserts, side strips and door handles)
Cost me £440 for all of the above and my spoiler + fitting/painting it

As already said - you certainly get what you pay for in bodywork

Clio 172mk2
len_beach has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

any way wich body shop was it , need my bumpers doing

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Sorry mate. PMs cleared. It was the bodyshop opposite the swimming baths in Kippax. Seemed like a top bloke. I was recommended him by Ian from ASK.

Some loser damaged my 172 Cup bonnet last month causing 6 dents and paint loss to the metal.Was given the name of a guy by an independant Renault dealer who had used him for 20 years and he agreed to do a cash in hand repair.Cost me £260 for a stunning job and full bonnet respray.You got a bargain quote but it may be too cheap and you usually get what you pay for these days!