ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Boot won't lock!

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Ive just realised that when I lock the car
the boot stays unlocked!

When you open it the alarm goes off,
but this is no good if i'm not near the car.

Has anyone else had this problem?
How do you sort it out?

172cup
not heard this one before...

i assume you have looked at the solenoid, the connecting arm etc etc... sprayed with grease? Checked they are moving freely by hand?

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
I dont know a thing about electrics,
I'll have to get someone to look at it.

Im sick of Renault Nottingham, they just
dont know as much as the forum!

172cup
check the mechanics first mate... water ingress may have rusted the solenoid arm up or locked it in place etc etc

try moving the locking mechanism by hand, and spray some WD in it while you do it. If that moves fine, then try activating the central locking with the boot open... see what it does

1.2 16v Clio Campus Sport
I had this but mine was stuck locked. The solonoid had broke. Got a new one under warrenty.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
OK I'll check the solonoid.

My cars a 52 plate so no warenty left on it.

I'll have to paty more cash.

Bloody car, the only thing that works properly
is the engine.

Clio 200
I've got the same problem with my '55 182, just noticed it today. When I lock with the button on the key the boot doesn't lock. When I open the boot there's a continuous buzzer noise. :mad:

172 cup
everytime i press the lock button on my key the locking noise in the boot is getting clunkier n clunkier.. as in louder.. i think im gonna have a problem with it real soon..

something to look forward to

Clio 182, Mercedes S320CD
As previously advised this will be down to solenoid not moving. It will be simple to no if it is this or not if you can get the plastic cover of the tailgate. When the cover is of simply press the button on the key and the solenoid should go up and down. If it doesnt then it could be the wiring to the solenoid or the solenoide itself. However the clio boot solenoids should all be the same so shouldnt be to dear.

Obvioulsy if any of the cars with this problem have warranty then dont touch it.

Good luck Guys