ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

boot wont lock

Renault Clio 172 Cup
When i got home from work a min ago i locked the cup, but the boot did not lock so i tryed again but still didnt lock, the two front doors lock but not the boot any 1 else had this problem? maybe a new solenoid needed? cheers. Will.

Renault Clio 172 Cup
i had a new boot solenoid fitted in the boot today and all seamed to work fine untill i went to lock the car up at the beach and it didnt lock, but when i came to go home it all stared working ok again, any one know what is going on? cheers

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Sounds like a dodgy connection somewhere,
I know sod all about electrics but if it continues then i'd be going to see an auto sparky.

Renault Clio 172 Cup
Sounds like a dodgy connection somewhere,
I know sod all about electrics but if it continues then i'd be going to see an auto sparky.
Yh i was thinking the same thing, yh if it continues i defo will be taking it to have it checked out for a dodgy connection cheers for the reply mate

BG 182 FF
Might need greasing. The plastic cogs in the solenoid mechanism can get stuck pretty easily. Luckily you can take it apart easily enough.

Renault Clio 172 Cup
Might need greasing. The plastic cogs in the solenoid mechanism can get stuck pretty easily. Luckily you can take it apart easily enough.
good shout bud if i have time tomorrow ill have a look and stick some grease in there and see what happens

1.2 16v clio
i had this problem before

i tried swapping 2 solenoids before i thought to change the bottom/mech that the solenoid attaches to after that it worked fine now i have 2 spare solenoids lol

Renault Clio 172 Cup
i had this problem before

i tried swapping 2 solenoids before i thought to change the bottom/mech that the solenoid attaches to after that it worked fine now i have 2 spare solenoids lol
yh I'll give that ago as well cheers bud what is the bottom part the boot locks in to called cheers. Will

1.2 16v clio
yh I'll give that ago as well cheers bud what is the bottom part the boot locks in to called cheers. Will

probs just called a boot lock button lol as it comes in a complete unit i just went to a scrap yard and took one of a clio there and luckily for me im always there so i got it for free but your bound to pay 5-10 maybe