ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Boot wont open - not the solenoid/actuator

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Last few days my boot has remained locked and you dont get the loud click from the solenoid in the boot when trying to unlock it. Initially I thought it was the solenoid/actuator as I have had one fail before. Luckily I had a spare boot so removed the locking unit from that and tried it on my car.

It still wont unlock. Im about to start fault finding on it but just wondered if anyone else had this happen to them and what the fix was.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
So there wasnt actually anything wrong with the electrics. It was the actuator and the replacement actuator that was second hand that were a bit seized up. used a multimeter which confirmed electrics were OK . I then removed the cogs and tried it, motor span. lubed it all up and refitted and all is working.