ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Boot won't open

Hey! I'm new to this forum and I currently own my very first car and clio and I love it! However, silly me left the lights on the night before last and the battery went flat, so I called my breakdown cover and now my boot is constantly locked. All other doors are fine and I've tried loads of stuff like central locking etc. but it just doesn't seem to want to unlock. I'm meant to be doing a long journey with it, but now my mum's against the idea because it's got the spare wheel in the boot and I can't get to it. Would a local garage be able to fix it last minute or does anyone have any advise? The diamond just pushes in and doesn't do anything :/

The lock solenoid is common on the Clio. You could however access your boot from within the car by pulling the back seats down?

I've guessed that, how long would it take for me to get it fixed? Like could I just go to a garage and get it fixed and how much etc? :/
and Yeah but might be a bit tough getting the spare wheel from there haha

BG182
you'll be able to open it manually if you take off the plastic lining inside the boot, only 1 screw and it just clips off, can then release the catch easily by hand.