ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Boot won't stay open

Ever since I got my car, the boot always decides it doesn't want to stay in the 'up' position when I open it, meaning it just goes straight back down.

The dealer I bought it from said it was like that from the previous owner - but wasn't sure why it happened. I didn't believe him, but got the car anyway as everything else was sorted.

Any ideas on what I can do to sort it? Granted it's not a huge problem, but its just a pain in the arse holding it up when I'm filling the boot. I'm guessing one or both of the hydraulic (?) levers that hold it up are knackered...

2000, yeah I suppose I could try and find a scrap yard that could help, but I'd be weary of the quality of what I'm getting from there and whether it'd be any better than what I've got.

koi

Audi S1
2000, yeah I suppose I could try and find a scrap yard that could help, but I'd be weary of the quality of what I'm getting from there and whether it'd be any better than what I've got.

Just check they work before taking them off