ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2012 renault Clio false boot open warning

2012 Renault clio
Hi guys, I’ve a 2012 renault Clio 1.5 dci and I’m at my wits end with it. I’m getting boot open warning on the dashboard even though it’s closed. Boot works fine it opens and closes as it should. The boot light stays on also. I’ve replaced the boot solernoid with a brand new one which didn’t fix the issue so tried one from another car that I know 100% works and that didn’t fix it either. Is there a common issue on these anyone knows about? Any help would be appreciated greatly.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds like the boot switch to me, this bit:
Cheaper, non-genuine alternatives also appear to be available, but can't vouch for them personally.

Some info in here also worth reading:

2012 Renault clio
Sounds like the boot switch to me, this bit:
Cheaper, non-genuine alternatives also appear to be available, but can't vouch for them personally.

Some info in here also worth reading:
Thank you for the reply buddy. However does this not just open the boot? I’m not sure how this would cause the boot open message? Is the sensor not in the boot lock solernoid itself?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
As said above, you need a new boot switch. Common fault on them.

2012 Renault clio
Is the boot closing tight on the latch?

I know on the 172/182's you can adjust the latch.

If you push on the boot when it's closed, does it move at all?
Yes, I've tried this its closing tight. Even when i push the lock in manually all the way it doesnt make a difference it still stays illuminated. Ive noticed that when i press the button for the boot to open the light goes off the dash when the solernoid is opening the boot then comes back on when it stops. This is the case when i manually do it aswell.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Yes, I've tried this its closing tight. Even when i push the lock in manually all the way it doesnt make a difference it still stays illuminated. Ive noticed that when i press the button for the boot to open the light goes off the dash when the solernoid is opening the boot then comes back on when it stops. This is the case when i manually do it aswell.

Sounds like a dodgy sensor even though it's new.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
I've tried a brand new one, aswell as one from a car i know works and its still doing the same thing. Is there a way of bypassing it so the boot always thinks its closed?

Thanks
Could try putting a paperclip between the pins on the socket that connects the switch, see if the light goes off. Doubt it'd blow a fuse, but that's the worst case by shorting it I think.

2012 Renault clio
Could try putting a paperclip between the pins on the socket that connects the switch, see if the light goes off. Doubt it'd blow a fuse, but that's the worst case by shorting it I think.
Any idea what pins i need to short? When i push the switch to unlock the boot the light goes off for a moment then comes back on.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Any idea what pins i need to short? When i push the switch to unlock the boot the light goes off for a moment then comes back on.
88aa26cb9ac9f53f4a91daf82ffe51b1.jpg

I was just thinking short the pins on the connector that goes into the boot switch, only 2 pins by the look of it.