ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Borrowing Canon 20D

SchwepTek™
I have in front of me my mates Canon EOS 20D that i am borrowing for the night. I have never taken any pics on a DSLR before and i really want to take some short exposure shots of things like water drops etc around the house. I think i tured up the ISO (is that exposure???) but i am just getting a black screen!!! :S very confused....

LY 182 FF CUPPED
lets try to help you out in 1 sentence.......hmmm

indoors????
Iso 800
s/speed 60
Fno. wide open
should get you some sort of image....
if that leaves you puzzled..........get yourself onto a photography forum to learn some of the basics.

182 FF & 306 Rallye
ISO = Light sensitivity of the sensor. Higher is more sensitive but also more grainy.

Aperture = Light allowed through lens. Higher "f" number means less light. Higher "f" number also means more depth of field (more of object(s) in focus.)

Shutter speed is obvious.

On the 20d:

Set on "Av" mode you can choose the ISO and aperture. Camera then chooses shutter speed.

Set on "Tv" mode you can choose the ISO and shutter speed. Camera then chooses aperture.

Keep the ISO as low as possible (for available light) and play with the shutter speeds and aperture to get the action frozen as required and correct depth of field.

SchwepTek™
lets try to help you out in 1 sentence.......hmmm

indoors????
Iso 800
s/speed 60
Fno. wide open
should get you some sort of image....
if that leaves you puzzled..........get yourself onto a photography forum to learn some of the basics.

Thanks. I can set iso but how do u set shutter speed and whats fno lol

Rally bus
if you're doing water drop pics at this time of day I'd pop up the built in flash too....