ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Boss' New RR Evoque...

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Posting from the phone apologies about the size of pics.

Best colour and stunning sports seats. 2.2 diesel, very nippy and imo a lovely drive really does everything so well. It's hardly revolutionary but RR deserve praise for going ahead and building it.

Similar to the Cayenne, feels very planted and not very jeep like.

Winner for me.

Going to be a wag's/footballers favourite of course.

I don't think he'll have it long just a stop gap between RRS'...

5770727d-08bb-8f69.jpg

5770727d-08d1-5c63.jpg

5770727d-08eb-30a1.jpg

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Nice.

Trying to get my dad to buy one instead of another RRS!

RS6 C7
I love the looks. Parents had an order placed for one but pulled out after range rover decided they wouldnt pay anything towards the engine failure on the sport they owned, Ended up costing 7k for a new engine and it was only 2 months out of warranty.

Mk5 golf gti
I saw one in knutsford on Saturday

Looked amazing, managed to get a good nose around it too

When I first saw the pics I thought it looked it shite but it really didn't in real life.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Just to let u know that i set the hardware/software up to build the seat frames for these. That is all.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It's definitely a car that looks a million times better in person imo.

He'll get a new RRS when they are realeased. Iirc December time. The Evoque is very cheap in comparison.

I wonder if RR ever realised how successful the RRS would be when they decided to make it. There are 8 in our small ind est alone and I know of another 6 at least! Crazy amount in a small area.

Mini Cooper S sport
I love the looks. Parents had an order placed for one but pulled out after range rover decided they wouldnt pay anything towards the engine failure on the sport they owned, Ended up costing 7k for a new engine and it was only 2 months out of warranty.

That's disgraceful! I'd have gone to court and the local newspapers.

On topic, I'm not sure if I like that or not. I'd like to see it in the metal to decide.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Just to let u know that i set the hardware/software up to build the seat frames for these. That is all.

do you work for JLR??

i really like these... in the 3 door version like this, not so keen on the 5 door :/

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I think they look quite smart.

Obviously will be the new norm outside the school now...

Turbos.
My old man gets his in 'Dubai Spec' (white with sand interior) next week, think he plans to sell on immediately though as you can get up to £5k premium.

I think the 3dr looks fantastic, the 5dr loses the edge and uniqueness. Just a shame they don't do one with a slightly bigger engine so it could be a proper hot hatch style SUV.

Turbos.
Awful cars for awful people.

I detest everything about them.

Why the hate? Didn't you have a white Audi A5, another 'fashion' car?

You're not one of those people who harp on about people in the city not using their 4x4s in the mountains, are you?

Meg 250/E36 Touring
Great looking car

My opinion on this will probably change when there are endless ones on the road in a years time!

Turbos.
Have you ever done a school run?

Yes. But we're not communists, people are allowed freedom of choice and i'm all for that. In reality if SUVs didn't exists, the yummy mummy's would still be driving a status symbol, so an S Class type luxury car with the same physical footprint of their Range Rovers.

Besides, there is a logic that men want their wives and kids to be in a safe car, even if part of it perceived safety. SUVs also give great visibility and allow you to get around in the snow. I don't see how car enthusiasts can be so hypocritical to start saying people shouldn't own certain cars. Do you drive your car fully laden to justify having a 4/5 seater? Your logic would summise we should all be driving motorbikes, it would cure congestion overnight...

Anyway, the Evoque is smaller than a Range Rover, so you should really be rejoicing.

Mini Cooper S
Can't decide on it...not sure if it's even more of a posers car than a RRS? Pretty cool but still not made up!

BMW 330D
Yes. But we're not communists, people are allowed freedom of choice and i'm all for that. In reality if SUVs didn't exists, the yummy mummy's would still be driving a status symbol, so an S Class type luxury car with the same physical footprint of their Range Rovers.

Besides, there is a logic that men want their wives and kids to be in a safe car, even if part of it perceived safety. SUVs also give great visibility and allow you to get around in the snow. I don't see how car enthusiasts can be so hypocritical to start saying people shouldn't own certain cars. Do you drive your car fully laden to justify having a 4/5 seater? Your logic would summise we should all be driving motorbikes, it would cure congestion overnight...

Anyway, the Evoque is smaller than a Range Rover, so you should really be rejoicing.

If you really want a car the size of a house with drug dealer wheels and blacked out windows to go to sainsburys and the local salon then i'm not going to judge you its your money and I'm always leaving stuff on standby so i can't bang on about the ice caps. However just displaying some basic common sense and driving ability and tone down the arrogance when giving way and parking etc. Accept that your car is larger than normal, you've traded up from the fiesta since the husband got that promotion so just be a litte more aware of other road users and maybe even a little more curteous.

This is how i feel about women doing the school run in big silly jeeps, call me Stalin

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
If you really want a car the size of a house with drug dealer wheels and blacked out windows to go to sainsburys and the local salon then i'm not going to judge you its your money and I'm always leaving stuff on standby so i can't bang on about the ice caps. However just displaying some basic common sense and driving ability and tone down the arrogance when giving way and parking etc. Accept that your car is larger than normal, you've traded up from the fiesta since the husband got that promotion so just be a litte more aware of other road users and maybe even a little more curteous.

This is how i feel about women doing the school run in big silly jeeps, call me Stalin

What a pisch post mate. Utterly pisch!

Is the school run mum any worse than the Bmw driving c***s?

Any worse than the Clio owning chavs with a pops and bangs remap driving to Asda car park at a million miles per hour?

Trophy #490
It's definitely a car that looks a million times better in person imo.

He'll get a new RRS when they are realeased. Iirc December time. The Evoque is very cheap in comparison.

I wonder if RR ever realised how successful the RRS would be when they decided to make it. There are 8 in our small ind est alone and I know of another 6 at least! Crazy amount in a small area.

The amount you see on a day-to-day basis is crazy! They're an incredibly successful car given their price, and I reckon it's a certainty that the Evoque will follow too. It's cool because it's similar to its original concept as well, and that's got to be a rare thing in the industry!

BMW 330D
What a pisch post mate. Utterly pisch!

Is the school run mum any worse than the Bmw driving c**ts?

Any worse than the Clio owning chavs with a pops and bangs remap driving to Asda car park at a million miles per hour?

yeah.