ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Braid alloy wheels

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone have braid wheels on there 172/182 please?

dsc_0086_1100x1070__2.jpg
e3e309ca7067ba6c1765f3a8df008b4b_ESCALA_800_800.png

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Just read they're supposed to be light and fit over Brembos without spacers, that's pretty cool!

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Ah I see what you mean, that's the 8x15" wheel according to their website I think.

Not sure if you could run 8x15 square? Not sure if I could cope with 8/7 stagger with a flat rear wheel and dished front.

scruffydubber

ClioSport Club Member
  RS CUP
Anyone have braid wheels on there 172/182 please?

View attachment 1694759View attachment 1694760
I have both styles. The top style flowformed? are heavy.
The bottom style that pms sell are light.

I have a pair of the top stlye in 7" width. And the bottom in 8".

Track car, the pictures is with 8" all round, wheels spaced, with wide tyres so maybe not the look you want.

Attachments

• 20240224_155454.jpg
    20240224_155454.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 35

scruffydubber

ClioSport Club Member
  RS CUP
How heavy are the first ones,ones in 7"?.

No i like the look on the photo of your track car,what size tyres have you used on the 8" wheels?.

@scruffydubber
The front is a 200/58 slick, which I think is more like a 215 road tyre ?
Rear was 205/50 A052, which seem to come out chunky.
Front is spaced 20mm rear spaced 13mm.

I would estimate the first style is similar weight to to an oz F1 9kg ish. The second style in 8" are close to the evo corse Weight.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
How heavy are the first ones,ones in 7"?.

No i like the look on the photo of your track car,what size tyres have you used on the 8" wheels?.

@scruffydubber

7.2kg according to PMS in 7x15, second one 6.9, again according the PMS website.

Not sure if you'd notice 300 grams per corner.

scruffydubber

ClioSport Club Member
  RS CUP
7.2kg according to PMS in 7x15, second one 6.9, again according the PMS website.

Not sure if you'd notice 300 grams per corner.
I think you can get them in different materials/construction depending on there intended use. Mine are heavy compared to the second stlye.

I'll weigh them (with tyres). I would expect 4+ kg heavier

Like 2118, you can get mag ones which were light. The 2118 everyone runs around on now, are heavy.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
I think you can get them in different materials/construction depending on there intended use. Mine are heavy compared to the second stlye.

I'll weigh them (with tyres). I would expect 4+ kg heavier

Like 2118, you can get mag ones which were light. The 2118 everyone runs around on now, are heavy.
You can get magnesium 2118's?!? 🤯