ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake lights

When I gently touch the brake pedal I get no brake lights come on, if I press harder they come on.

is it a case of a faulty brake pedal switch or is it a common problem? It's a 2003 dynamique.

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
Of course it would lol, help me out buddy.

i will be paying very soon tho.
I doubt you'll find anyone willing to do that for you and rightly so. £12 is nothing when the guides and discounts can save you so much money.

Well ive checked out the guide and done as follows, I pulled the plunger out a few clicks but as soon as the brake pedals touches the plunger it just gets pushed back in all the way?

Clio Dynamique 75
its where the brake pedal switch is worn, think of how many times its been pressed over the years

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
They are spring loaded yes but that has no bearing on thee switches two contact latches being open or closed. The devil with these switches are in the setting up

Was this problem solved? I am having the same issue with my 2006 Dynamique, purchased a new brake light switch, fitted it a week ago and all seemed to be working well. That was until I went for a drive yesterday and the driver next to me at the junction pointed out my brake lights were not working. No idea where I'm going wrong.