ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake p**n

Der Panzer
allon2.JPG

Der Panzer
RS6 eight piston calipers on a 364 floating disc - 18" wheels required

Apparently.

Pinched from Audi-Sport.

Pah you'd get them behind 16's I'd bet.

364mm is only just over 14 inches and the calipers arn't that much extra.

Der Panzer
Possibly. I heard they had to really cut back because some c***s kept on bumping their rolling road fees.... ;)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Possibly. I heard they had to really cut back because some c**ts kept on bumping their rolling road fees.... ;)

If their RR was accurate i wouldn't of left without payin! ;) Bellends! I mean who stops 500rpm before the limiter whilst the power is still going up!

^^aye!

what do the CSL's run? same setup as the normal e46?

Not to sure how the brakes compare to the normal e46 M3, a quick google shows me:

The brakes have also been modified for even more stopping power and faster deceleration, allowing the M3 CLS to reach a standstill from 100 km/h in less than 34 metres. And for special purposes on the race track, the car is also available with sports brake linings.
Not had chance to take new pics as Ive only just remembered about it after seeing this thread again. Heres some shitty pics that were already on my comp:

DSC00373-%28Medium%29.jpg

DSC00369%20%28Medium%29.jpg

Bumblebee
Care to go into more detail?

Yep they are fine for most 'fast road' driving, however if you were keen on track days, an 8 pot upgrade is a must. They dont have the brake 'stamina' required for constant confident braking.

Ah fair enough. Personally don't do track days so don't really have a problem :) I think they are more than adequate for road use so that's why I wanted to know why you thought they were the fall down :):)

Bumblebee
Ah fair enough. Personally don't do track days so don't really have a problem :) I think they are more than adequate for road use so that's why I wanted to know why you thought they were the fall down :):)

When I say 'fall down' its only because of the wonderment of the CSL in its standard form - its an awesome machine and one i would love to have one day. Give me a standard one anyday;)

Der Panzer
Nah, Der Panzer is going. Just haven't decided what's going to replace here. It's going to be tought to leave Audi or even VAG though....

Just noticed these brake when I was in an S2 thread. :cool: