ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

brake pipe unions

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
anyone know what size they SHOULD be?

if they are supposed to be 11mm then someone has royally round mine off:mad: and if they are 10mm then there must be loads of surface rust cos its nowhere near big enough

looks like im gonna have to chop the pipe, put a new union on and buy a brake pipe flaring tool so i can fit my braided flexi's

oh the joys of older cars :rolleyes:

Clio Cup/GSXR 600
7/16" i think which is close as damn it to 11mm, but if you dont use a proper good quality spanner and let them soakin wd they will round. I bought a snap-on flared nut spanner especially to fit my hoses to the car and it was the best 21quid ive ever spent.

cheers bud im gonna get a flared nut spanner but anyone know for definate what size i need?

also are the goodridge unions the same size?

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
11mm.

mine fooked up too. i bought a flaring kit from Machine mart then you need cooper brack line to make the pipes and a pipe bender

cheers ben :D

i dont mind making up brake lines its just i dont have the kit and i always look for an easier alternative lol

im thinking that even if i manage to get the buggers off they arent gonna be much good to re-use, so i think im gonna borrow a pipe cutter, lop it off before the union and then take the remaining piece of pipe to a garage i used to work for and get them to put me a new union on for me

right i had a word with the garage in one of the units where i work (sound guy, always lending me his tools) and he says he will make me some new lines up for nowt, result :D

ive ordered a set of flared nut spanners aswell for future use

cheers for the help guys