ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Braking problem?

I have a 2002 ph2 clio 172 and when I press down on the brake pedal it give a little vibration/shake when I 'm about half way down the pedal??? its really worrying, please can any one help????

Poopensharten

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
My money would be on a binding calliper, maybe get the wheel off it and get some grease into the sliders?

Id have thought if it was a cracked ABS ring you would only get the vibration if there was violent braking?

I have exactly the same problem so interested to hear results! I've had 2 sets of HC discs now and some ferodo pads to start with. they start fine but then begin to judder after about 2 months of fitting (haven't been on any trackdays/braking hard in general!)

If it is the front ABS ring, do I just need one or does the car need or have one on each front side?

Megane dci 130
Its either broken ABS reluctor ring or your CV boot has come off and the clip is interfiering with the signal. Get your head under the car and have a look at the cv boots.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
abs prob has a crack in it, have a look under and check, if u cant see anything u might want to take the wheel off and have a really good look as small hairline cracks can interfier too

Maybe when they have fitted the new disks, they havent cleaned around the hub where they fit over. If this isnt given a good wire brush down then it can cause shakes and vibrations.

I've had a look under the car at the front ABS rings and don't get me wrong they look rusty but not cracked or damaged? some one said to me its because I have got different size tyres on the front than the back?? so the car thinks the fronts are going faster than the backs so the ABS kicks in to slow it down? Is this ture????

Megane dci 130
That wont be true. ^ If it isnt somthing obvious you will need to get the ABS codes read to see whats going on.

SORTED!!! It was because I had 195/14's on the front and 205/45's on the back (long story) so the ABS was cutting in all the time because it was thinking the fronts were spining faster than the rears, two new tyres, job done!

"Navy" N17 TWO
I'm getting this too - not all the time though :S

Seem to get it on steep hills and only at slow speeds - when you would be braking lightly but it feels as if your pedal is vibrating like a mobile phone lol
Aslo makes a bit of a grinding noise, as if the thing was spitting at you - very strange!

I've had Brembo HCs and Feroddo DS2500's on from last year - seem to be fine (passed MOT few weeks ago) and I was getting this before MOT anyway.

I know I need to put some copper grease on the backs of the pads as they are starting to squeek a bit but what else can I check for this while I'm at it? :)

Cheers
Trev