ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bridge Cameras?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Going to purchase a new camera this week, will no doubt be second hand and off Ebay.

Any suggestions from people?

The Lumix FZ38 is winning so far, it's successor the FZ45 is as good but not better so the 38 for the price... circa £150 2nd hand seems ideal.

Oh and a photography book? It's has quite an indepth manual mode so if I can learn a more about it's settings and improve my pics even better. :)

Danke.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I think that DK publish a pretty good photography book, not too expensive either. Amazon will probably be your best bet unless you have a cheap bookshop where you are?

As for the cameras, cant help sorry, only ever used canon.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Hey Scott, i've seen a few of those for sale mate, i'll delve a little deeper.

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
I had to sell all my SLR gear recently and got the FZ38 to keep me going.cracking little camera. some shots are near comparable to the quality of my slr. would highly recommend

PH1 iceburg
I recently purchased a fuji finepix s1900. Its not as good as the fz you are looking at but i am still very impressed with all the settings etc. I didn't want to jump straight in the SL scene and im glad i didnt as i struggled to learn shutter speeds, aperature etc on this little camera.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I had to sell all my SLR gear recently and got the FZ38 to keep me going.cracking little camera. some shots are near comparable to the quality of my slr. would highly recommend
Thank you very much for that Andy, a lot of mentions in other forum threads are people using it as a second camera to their SLR, can't be that bad. They're roghly £150 of ebay so i'll go watch a few and let you know.

Cheers mate.

mx5
I have had an fz38 since last summer, when I was thinking about trying my hand at photography and I think its great for what it is. It's no SLR, but as has been said you can't go far wrong for £150. Will post up a couple of pics using it if that's ok:

4927487864_39667c519a_b.jpg

P1010511 by ChrisRJ, on Flickr

5040652850_9d07421b53_b.jpg

P1040131 by ChrisRJ, on Flickr

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I bought one mate, thanks very much for your help and my god those pics are rather impressive for a bridge.

It could have stretched to anything really Adam but I wanted to see how I went first.
The FZ has actually went up in value a little the past couple of weeks so if I feel like a DSLR to try i'll upgrade at a little cost. :)