ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Broadband and TV suggestions?

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Hello all, in true CS fashion I'm not gonna waste time googling and getting sucked into sponsored links and ads, but ask the CS gods.

So my Sky TV contract has only a month to run so I've cancelled it as it jumps from £45 to £130 a month (was on a friends and family deal with the works, Sports, Sky Q the lot)

I have problems with my satellite signal due to some trees at the back of my house on land that isn't mine (and I can't find the owner - not going into this again), so Sky isn't really ideal anyway. Although i hate to say it, I love the product even if Murdoch is the root of all evil.

So what do you suggest?
BT are shite, never gonna use them again.
What are Virgin like? Seem bloody expensive?
Now TV - is this a branch of Sky? Seems ok although for some reason it says I can't get Now TV broadband in my area which is odd.
Few people have told me about some TV box (not KODI crap) that works like a Sky box, but runs via the internet and you pay an annual sub rather than get tied into a contract. Apparently it's legal too, but sounds a bit iffy.

I want sports and as many HD channels as poss, my wife wants naff American box sets like scandal etc

With BT myself, never had an issue and pay £78 a month for entertainment max (box sets, kids tv etc.), fibre optic unlimited (free BT sport) and calls, sky sports main event (this is £33 on its own).

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
It's probably BT TV, I looked at it a little while back and it seemed like very good value for money.

There are various less than legal options, which is maybe what your mate was talking about?

As above Dan the TV subscription box is totally illegal as its just gets all the channels from sky, the missus's dad is running one if you want more info?