ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Broke Down AGAIN

NOT IMPRESSED PART 3

Driveshaft went again on Sunday, WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY CAR. I am not thrashing it and i have had 3 driveshafts since October.

Can anyone help me, and what should i be saying to Renault. I have told them that i am not giving them back the 1.2 Expression Clio i currently have as a courtsey car UNTILL i am FULLY satisfied with there work.

What is causing this to happen Any ideas.......

This also means that the Bluewater meet might have to be missed....

172nightrider

Revving it to the limiter, Constantly accelerating hard, Wheel Spinning, sliding it round bends, Dumping the Clutch.......

All of the above may be done in moderation on occasion, BUT DEFINATLEY NOT CONSTANTLY

172nightrider

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

hmm i did that with my car.

TOMS BUSTED PARTS LISTING

3 Gear Boxes
7 Driveshafts
4 Engine Mounts

172 Cup

"Wheel spinning doesnt help. Sounds like its your fault."

So what if he has done those things. Why brand and market something as a performance car if it cannot be driven so. All the Renault literature focusses on the speed, handling, and general performance of the car. As a result I expect to be able to drive it to its limit.

What reason is there at all for wheel spinning? Thats just abuse. If youre doing that you need to learn proper throttle control.

172 Cup

If wheel spinning breaks the car what are we meant to do in wet, slippery or icy conditions? Not drive!?!

Ok repeated bad boy style wheel spins aside how can you say its his fault for breaking the driveshaft due to the odd wheelspin.. Just think your post was unfair.

Mk2 172

Holding the courtesy car to ransom is a good idea.

How will you know when you are fully satisfied?

I hope the driveshafts are not costing you anything?

You have also mentioned to them that you are close friends with a ClioSport area rep?

mk1 Ph2 Clio 16v turbo

I reckon theyre tightening the hubnuts too much. I did when I fitted a new driveshaft and within 20 minutes it was broken again. Fitted another properly and had it on now for 1000miles and it aint broke yet;)

Not a Renault ,granted, but a driveshaft is a driveshaft

Quote: Originally posted by Elliot on 24 June 2003

Holding the courtesy car to ransom is a good idea.

How will you know when you are fully satisfied?

I hope the driveshafts are not costing you anything?

You have also mentioned to them that you are close friends with a ClioSport area rep?

hugh !!!

any way mate bad news give me a buzz i think i know the dealer!!

john - formentioned close friend/area rep !!