ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bt broadband help

Astra SRi T
ive just had to re-install windows xp on my pc, but now i can't get an internet connection on my pc, ive tried re-instaling the bt broadband software/drivers but i dont think i done it properly and its stuck at 70% saying it cant find a dsl connection. So i un-installed the drivers/software and tried to re-install using the cd-rom but now its still at 70% and says 'welcome back - now to complete your installation...................' but i have no software arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh , dont know wot to do??

:(:(

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
if your on a router, and its working on your sisters connection then do you need to install the software on your pc too?

Usually you would only need one source of internet connection, then the router shares it out to the other computers

172 Cup
If you're using a router then chances are you're connecting to it via Ethernet/Cat5. Have you re-installed the Ethernet/Lan drivers for your motherboard?

172 Cup
wxmlad said:
i cant reinstall it keeps going from 70 % and wont let me back to the begin to do it

You said you can't install the BT software as it stops at 70%. I never mentioned that, I was refering to the Ethernet drivers which are completely different.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
on my bt. you need both the modem drivers and another peice of shitty connection software BT give... have you installed both ones?

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
easiest answer is not to go with BT - they're a shower of shite and the customer service is terrible.

can you dial into the router - do you know the router address?

Not a Clio
If you use a router then the router is the hardware doing the actual connection to your ISP. You do not need to install any BT software on your machine. You just need to connect to your router via your ethernet connection which is what griff is saying. You will need to install the drivers for your ethernet connection. If the ethernet port is built into your motherboard then the driver will be on the motherboard CD (if you have changed anything in BIOS make sure ethernet is still enabled), if it's an ethernet card then you will have a separate driver CD.

If you are using wireless rather than ethernet then you need to install your wireless drivers and setup the connection.

Astra SRi T
its not wireless, ive got a bt voyager 205 with 1 ethernet port and 1 usb port, im using usb on the pc that it wont install on to, it worked before, but now its just saying it cant detecta broadband signal, but it is, the dsl light is on and its working finr on the ethernet connection upstairs

Astra SRi T
ive just installed the usb drivers /software on tomy new lap to using the bt cd-rom and its working fine , its just my other pc that wont get a connection

RS 172Cup(SOLD); R26 Meg
are you installing the drivers before you connect the usb device or are you booting with the device connected. If it's the latter then it won't work need to install drivers before you add hardware with most usb modems. if you post some info regarding the unit that BT supplied i could probally find you the manufacters drivers which are normally a newer version.

Other option is to just shove some ethernet cable in.

Astra SRi T
ive tried with an ethernet cable it still doesnt work, the router is a bt voyager 205 thats all i know about it , sorry:(

tiTTy & SV650
well here's a funny one my boss found out:

BT internet broadband they have and I went round to set it up, no DSL, tried my ADSL modem and their BT Voyager router, nothing.

Turns out the junction box (phone socket on the wall) is a crap design and the filter doesnt plug right in to it.

soooooooooooo

remove the front cover, and it reveals a socket at the back of the thing, plug the filter straight into it, see if it works.

bloody BT