ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BTCC etc Thruxton today (Pic heavy)

Fiat Coupe 20vt
Here's a few of my pics from the btcc and support races at Thruxton today, my first attempt at this motorsport photography lark so comments etc very much welcome!

1st track action of the day!

IMG_0982.jpg

IMG_0994.gif

IMG_1000.gif

IMG_1004.gif

IMG_1005.gif

IMG_1008.gif

IMG_1012.jpg

IMG_1015.jpg

IMG_1022.gif

IMG_1023.gif

IMG_1027.jpg

IMG_1029.gif

IMG_1030.gif

IMG_1034.gif

IMG_1035.gif

IMG_1043.gif

IMG_1047.gif

IMG_1048.jpg

IMG_1064.gif

IMG_1066.gif

IMG_1067.gif

IMG_1080.gif

IMG_1083.gif

IMG_1088.gif

IMG_1089.gif

IMG_1091.gif

IMG_1095.gif

IMG_1096.gif

IMG_1098.gif

IMG_1102.gif

Fiat Coupe 20vt
IMG_1103.gif

IMG_1106.gif

IMG_1108.gif

IMG_1117.gif

IMG_1122.gif

IMG_1123.gif

IMG_1137.gif

IMG_1140.gif

IMG_1143.gif

IMG_1167.gif

IMG_1176.gif

IMG_1181.gif

IMG_1187.gif

IMG_1189.gif

IMG_1197.gif

IMG_1198.jpg

At this point a bit of self-ownage occured as i'd naively forgotten to check my cameras battery level prior to setting off this morning and consequently it ran out, meaning no more pics for the rest of the day! That, and a spot of sunburn aside it was a brilliant day with some really good racing.

P.S. Must say thanks for Chris (ukaskew)'s motorsport photography guide as it proved to be very useful.

Last edited:
  Oil Burner
nice pics, was a good day today, im in the middle of uploading my photos.

Drop the shutter speed down a bit and get a tad more blurr in the wheels. Other than that nice shots.

PH2 172
Good pictures mate i was there 2day loved it aint been 4 ages got free tickets aswell woohoo loved the new cups really want 1 now lol

P.S. Must say thanks for Chris (ukaskew)'s motorsport photography guide as it proved to be very useful.

You're welcome :)

Pics 2 and 5 in the first post are the pick of the bunch for me, look brilliant with the crowds in the background. 5 in particular is brilliant, I love it.

All in all some superb efforts for a first attempt (you should see my early stuff!), more practice which will lead to more bravery with shutter speeds and you will be well away.

Wish I had gone today, didn't want to deal with the crowds (looked busy) but would have been nice to get some actual race pics with some good colourful crowd backgrounds.

My efforts from Saturday: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=327043

Great pics, I was there although didn't take a camera. I was stood up by the final chicane for the last BTCC race of the day and it was all going off through there loads of action. Was seriously impressed by Plato's charge from last to 7th on the second race of the day. :D

Fiat Coupe 20vt
Thanks for all the comments :) I started off thinking i'd be a bit braver with lower shutter speeds but i was getting more misses than hits so i thought i'd just play it safe after a couple of races!

Great pics, I was there although didn't take a camera. I was stood up by the final chicane for the last BTCC race of the day and it was all going off through there loads of action. Was seriously impressed by Plato's charge from last to 7th on the second race of the day. :D

I was glued to cobb for the entire day so i missed all the action that was going on at the final chicane! Yeah Plato did amazingly well in that 2nd race, and seemed to be reasonably untroubled in the 3rd race. Giovanardi was quite unlucky in that 2nd race, i was actually a bit perplexed as to what had happened to him when he didn't come round for the warm down lap!

Guilietta 2.0 JTDM-2
Great pics! I didn't manage to get any pics myself, and in any case they wouldn't have been anything like that anyway. Thanks! :D