ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BTCC Oulton... any of the photography lot going?

Oil Burner
Im at Oulton this Sunday, any of you lot going? I Havent seen a timetable yet, but i may well be free before it all kicks off (12.00 start). Would be good to put faces to names.

Ian

Focus TDCi
I was offered a free ticket, not sure if the offer still stands.. will have to check. Never been anywhere on race day before, sounds quite hectic though?

Edit: nope tickets have been given away. Not sure I can really afford to go, which is annoying!

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Im going as a VIP with VXR racing not sure if i will have the camera with me, we will see.

Ian

Focus TDCi
Really should have accepted the tickets when I had the chance, slightly annoyed at myself now! If a certain package turns up tomorrow or Saturday I may just bite the bulllet and come along anyway.

Saturday is always pretty good Ian, usually significantly cheaper, waaaaaay less busy and there is more track activity (less racing, though), it's a great day for getting lots of nice photos.

Ian

Focus TDCi
Saturday is always pretty good Ian, usually significantly cheaper, waaaaaay less busy and there is more track activity (less racing, though), it's a great day for getting lots of nice photos.

Yeah, I was thinking that after looking at the prices Chris. I've also got this image in my head of massive queues and rubbish photos on the Sunday.. but that's just me expecting the worst I suppose.

I've got the 70-200mm on order, so it really comes down to that arriving in time, I know the kit lens is long enough at certain points, but I'm not sure if I'd be able to get to them.

Plus not having a job well and truly sucks.. hate not having money coming in.

Me and Jams went on the Saturday last year Ian, when I still had my 70-200 too ;)

Was very quiet, but alot of cars out on circuit all day....We had to pay to get in (cant remember how much), but if we went back with that ticket on sunday too we could get in without paying any extra (not sure if its the same this year or not)

3134336238_bc72540e09.png

3134290896_26ab6a5c22.png

Yeah, I was thinking that after looking at the prices Chris. I've also got this image in my head of massive queues and rubbish photos on the Sunday.. but that's just me expecting the worst I suppose

No that's about right! I did both days at Thruxton this year...

Saturday it was really quiet, straight in, couple cars in the car park, every decent shooting angle available around the track.

Sunday was a 40min queue to get in (an hour before the first race!) and absolutely every reasonable vantage point rammed to bursting point. I found a - fairly rubbish - spot and stayed in the same place all day.

Ian

Focus TDCi
If the lens turns up I'll decide tomorrow then. You not going this year Jord? Think I will only be able to make it to one day either way, petrol being the deciding factor lol.

No that's about right! I did both days at Thruxton this year...

Saturday it was really quiet, straight in, couple cars in the car park, every decent shooting angle available around the track.

Sunday was a 40min queue to get in (an hour before the first race!) and absolutely every reasonable vantage point rammed to bursting point. I found a - fairly rubbish - spot and stayed in the same place all day.

Hmm sounds fun! ;) £28 is a lot for one day, so the Saturday definitely seems more appealing, but it would be good to meet up with Nick and Riad.

Ian

Focus TDCi
Good job on the lens Ian, I assume the f4L...?

Yep, got it from Kerso of eBay/TP fame - saved me £80 on the Jessops price. Oulton would be the perfect opportunity to test it really. Hoping it doesn't turn up tomorrow or I may be forced into spending money I shouldn't be spending. :)

Enjoy it Ian - it's a great lens which I love.

I'm off to the West Coast of Wales at the weekend, planning a day on Skomer Island taking pictures of the wild life, plus a bit of beer & bbq in between.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
I may be there on Sunday, not 100% sure yet. I'll be the idiot with dreadlocks and probably an SLR-Type camera around my neck.

1.2 Dynamique billabong
I would be going to this but have just managed to secure my first press pass at silverstone for the european drift championship this sunday, so going to make the most of the opportunity as they are upretty hard to get hold of at silverstone. get free entry too woop woop, properly excited to get my purple bib lol

Oil Burner
I would be going to this but have just managed to secure my first press pass at silverstone for the european drift championship this sunday, so going to make the most of the opportunity as they are upretty hard to get hold of at silverstone. get free entry too woop woop, properly excited to get my purple bib lol

congratulations, dont forget some cash for the deposit (i ended up leaving my card on my first trackside event, so couldnt eat all day!)

ive never been to oulton, can someone recommend a meeting place, close to the pitlane ideally.

Nick

Ian

Focus TDCi
I'm not sure what it's like for the BTCC, but when I went with the NW lot to watch a trackday the pits were a bit isolated from everything else, over the other side of a big carpark. I'm somebody will be able to recommend a decent place though.

Don't think my lens is going to show up today, maybe tomorrow.

1.2 Dynamique billabong
congratulations, dont forget some cash for the deposit (i ended up leaving my card on my first trackside event, so couldnt eat all day!)

Nick

thanks buddy, what do i need the deposit for mate and how much will i need

cheers
James

Oil Burner
thanks buddy, what do i need the deposit for mate and how much will i need

cheers
James

£5 or £10 is normally fine (never shot silverstone before) Its just for your tabbard so you can go trackside.

Somewhere like the first corner or something, try and keep it local to the pit/straight.