ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BTT Motorsport Washer Blanks

Ed Hodson

ClioSport Club Member
I took the plunge and splurged £38.50 on a pair of BTT motorsport washer blanks this week.

I thought I’d share some detailed pictures of what they’re like:

06E33B17-3DBD-482A-BC92-7BB7D2C6A670.jpeg

EF9C6D12-60E8-4CFC-9D4C-02A41322F333.jpeg

F40D0C23-2C87-4FC3-95E2-06EE521B2061.jpeg

88A225C0-A0DB-4D5F-ABCF-D0377437B31B.jpeg

I had been hoping for something better, especially as on their eBay listing they talk about them being meticulously designed. However, I can see that plenty of work would have gone into designing blanks that use the original fitment system, etc, so I won’t make too much of a fuss.

They’re flat, rather than having any kind of curve, but I’m hopefully of decent fitment.

The backs were “prickly”, which are all from the moulding. Not ideal, but not really too much of an issue. The bigger is issue was that some of the sides were also a bit rough. I took a sharp chisel to the backs and some fine scotch to the edges to sort them out.

In terms of the front. One was fine, but the other has a slight lip, which is easily seen in the last shot where they’ve been plastic primed. Since this picture, I rubbed it down with fine scotch, then used some filler primer.

I hope this is useful to others!

E30kev

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi S3 8V
I bought a set of these also.
However I ticked the option to have them supplied painted in RB and they are absolutely perfect.
Even came with a few free packs of Haribos.