ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bubbling paintwork

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
hiya guys my girlfriend has just noticed that there are 3 bubbles on the passenger side door of my 172, 2 of them are about 1 inch in diameter, i dont have any history of this door ever being resprayed, is there anyhting i can do about it?

Take it to Renault or a decient body shop (probably better able to tell you) and ask them to have a look.

CS Dungeon
oops my bad.......was just my Hybrid, its only 3 years for Mk2's

Thats s**t, you would think they would have more confidence in there paint to last more then 3 years

White Evo V
Didnt know bout the warrenty and painwork thing. So If my mk2 172 starts rusting or paint flaking they will sort it for free?

CS Dungeon
As long as there isnt any knocks, dings, scratches etc which could of caused the rust.

You also need to get it inspected at each service for it to still be valid irc

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
hi guys just a brief update, took the car to renault they gave it an inspection and said that the door has been resprayed at some point (dunno when as i only got the car a week ago) so it wouldnt be covered by them and also i would need to get each service done by them in order for the warantee to be valid.

however, he did point out that there is chance of the bubbles going away during the summer and only coming back in the winter which is interesting. anyways im not too sure what to do as it looks pretty noticable and i cant afford to get the door resprayed as most bodyshops said they wont jsut blow over that bit