ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bucket seat problem...

172 M69 eater

came round to installing my cobras today in my rt and i had a problem. where do u put the seat belt tensioner plug once the new frame is fitted as i was lookin at it today and im not 100% sure or do i need harnesses? the frames they provide are just bolt on frames and not full subframes. they fit on the existing runner. does the plug socket remain and u jus plug it back in?

thanks

patty

172 M69 eater

ok then rephrase that

do i need to get harnesses or can i use my existing seatbelts if i put in my cobra seats?

you say the frame bolts on top of the existing one, where is the seat belt tensior cylinder??

Im thinking you may loose it???? probably look better though with some nice harnesses!

i think that cylinder is actually attached to the seat runners, hence removal of the seat means removal of that cylinder which would deffo render the pre tensior plug useless.

Can you get tilting subframes for the mk1 clio?

Thereby allowing me to fit fixed back buckets and still gain access to the back?

i see what u mean mate, i wouldnt have thought youd be able to although its something to look in to. must be able to slide them forwards and back surely?? wot if different sized drivers were using the car??

You can slide them forward and back, but cobra didnt used to make tilting sub frames, so thats all you can do, its a right pain in the arse as people have to climb through the middle to get into the back!!

172 M69 eater

if u get the seats that recline u can but if not ur buggered cus cobra dont make liftin subframes as marcus sed!

patty

172 M69 eater

oh and it does render the seat belt tensioner useless. but they fit in ok. no problems with em at all.... unless ur really short as they dont move as far forwards as the previous seats!

patty

Patty

I would ask Nick read !

he has fixed back buckets on the original sub frames with harneses

he may remember or know wheather u can keep the seat belts and tenstioner ! just cant remember what we did with them ! sorry

john

172 M69 eater

john,

iv got recliners anyhow, its was ben p that asked bout the fixed buckets but hell prob c this thread and check with nick read!! i have managed to do them today and it does render the tensioners useless but u can still use the seat belts. ta 4 ur help!

patty