ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Budget tyres

Monaco 172 (5/468)
any thoughts on buying cheap budget tyres for a standard 172, moneys tight atm as I'm sure it is for most of us, got my MOT and insurance coming up at the end of the month and don't really want to spend £80 for one tyre as I could do with two.

Size is : 195/45 R16

kic

former 1.2 16v, now corsa
am on budget tyres on a 1.2 and they are sh!te, putting budgets on a 2.0l and your putting your life at risk imo

If your a member of costco get along to them, get some michelins.

Scrimping on rubber on a 172 just isn't worth it.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup

+1

I have been running ditch finders on my cup since I got it in April. Some Very Scarey moments in the car down to the tyres... PE'2s all round for me this week as the bad weather is closing in!

If your a member of costco get along to them, get some michelins.

+1 Especially with nankangs, those tyres are lethal! I wouldnt fit them to any car tbh. Cooper(Parent company avon) are a good tyre, accidental damage warranty aswell. If your tyres get "slashed" you can get a recession back for the remaining tread.

you seem able to pick up decent tyres for round-about the £55 mark - the OE Continentals are about that and there are a few others for similar money. it only seems to be the Michelins that are particularly expensive

A newly fixed 172
I have federal super steels on my 172. I would avoid them to be honest. Not that bad in the dry, but horrible in the wet. However they were £38.00 a tyre.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
No offence, but whats the point in having a good car if you have shite tyres - they are the only thing that keeps you on the road after all :S

Get the credit card out imho. I got 4 x conti sports from Kwik fit for £260

B

Bucko

No offence, but whats the point in having a good car if you have s**te tyres - they are the only thing that keeps you on the road after all :S

Get the credit card out imho. I got 4 x conti sports from Kwik fit for £260

How can someone who talks so much sense go to kwik fit?! That is a pretty good price for them though.

Don't skimp on tyres on a Clio Sport, i learnt the hard way and i will never do it again.

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
go for bridgestones from kwik fit if u get an online quote u get 30% of 4 and 20% off 2
or go for the firstones same deal but meadum quility tyres

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
How can someone who talks so much sense go to kwik fit?! That is a pretty good price for them though.

You hit the nail on the head in the latter part of the comment. I always use blackcircles normally, but Kwik fit had 25% off if you bought 4 ... i bought 4 :cool: