ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BUGGER ! Just been pulled over !

Just been to Ikea in Cardiff and I was driving back on the M4 to Swansea. Was following a Golf and noticed a silver Merc weaving over the road behind me, changing lanes without indicating and so I speeded up to get past the Golf and this Merc. No sooner had I pulled out........ BLUE LIGHTS, FLASHING BEAMS ! OH F**K I THOUGHT ! It was an unmarked traffic police car and looking in my rear view I saw the camera in the windscreen !

I already have 3 points and so this would not have been good ! I knew I was doing over 80mph too so I was sh*tting it !

I lowered my window and he asked me to step out into his car. I sat down and there I saw my car on the monitor ! SH*T ! He sat down and asked me if I knew why I was pulled over, I said I did and he then started telling me about the prosecution for this offence. He said "NORMALLY I would give you 3 points and £60 fine but I am not going to do that, I am just going to give you a Notice of Warning and no further action will take place !" THANK FOOK FOR THAT I THOUGHT !

He had caught me doing an average of 85mph but he said he pulled me because of how close I was to the Golf in front and NOT my speed. I asked if he would have pulled me if I was not so close and he said that he would have just pulled alongside and told me to slow down ! He was really nice about it to be honest and didnt talk down to me at all, a nice guy to be fair and he could have easily made my week a lot worse !

PHEW ! A LUCKY ESCAPE ! Needless to say I was doing 69mph all the way home !

That would have capped off a crap week for me but touch wood, it all worked out ok in the end !

Dai

:(

lucky fella, thats all thats happend to me when ive been pulled thankfull unless you are driving like a complete c*nt be nice and polite and most of the coppers are reasonable enough to give you a "dont do it again" speech and let you on your way

Mazda MX5 1.8

you should of commented on how lovely the car was on his tv screen! :)

glad u got away with it! naughty boy hehe

he obv thought u were a racing car driver with that helmet on as well! thought u might nut him with it on :)

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Its good to hear about good police officers rather than all the ones out to avenge other motorists.

I do have respect for the police. Have been pulled numerous times. If your nice and polite to them, then they will be nice back. Even when Id been silly, I really apologised and he was quite cool with it.

Si.

clio__chris, I did think my car looked good on the screen I must admit ! LOL ! Unfortunately, I wasnt wearing my helmet at the time ! DOH !

He was a nice guy to be fair, I apologised loads and he seemed to accept my apology even after I told him he didnt indicate when changing lanes ! LOL !

Maybe in hindsight I should have just kissed his arse and shut up !

:oops:

Yes officer, no officer! always a winner!

Got stopped by a bike a few years ago for doing a right turn, infront of a no right turn sign. i WANTED to book me, but I did the old, "sooo is that bike standard?", he was loving it. "would you rather the bike or the cars then?", he said "well some of us can handle the cold weather"!

Ended up with a pink slip! yee hee

Astra VXR 17/05/07

My Mum was caught knitting by the Police as she was driving,they pulled alongside her and yelled "PULLOVER"

She wound her window down and yelled back "NO ITS A SCARF"

:oops: The old ones are the best !

im glad you got away with it,

read my post in off topic about getting pulled for doing sweet fa !!

there w*nkers !!

Lee

BMW M2C

You got away with it because you are Welsh. If it had been me they would have had me bent over the back of the squad car. :eek:;)

I got done by a camera van on a bridge on that stretch of motorway a couple of years back.

williams and trophy

lol last time i got pulled was off a black mariah(sp)

id been racin a fezza rst off the lights on a roundabout.......dint see him at the lights on my right........smoked the fezzy off the lights an carried on up road , over a couple mini r/abouts fezza nowhere to be seen...........blue lights miles behind, i slowed down n thort it was an ambulance due to size of it .......he pulled me.then 3 others staggered out the back.....lol was funny as fuk

theyd been hittin the mini r/as at 70 n takin off the copper later told me lol...told him he was lucky i was jus chillin out..........

was weird tho as soon as he saw the babyseats in the back (empty i mite add lol) his attitude changed

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by 172loony on 14 March 2004

^^^^ Lee M rant about welsh police ;)

now looks what youve started hell be sulking for days :cry:
Better than them leaving me bleeding for days.:eek:

BTW loony, Ive requested better evidence which confirms to me I was speeding.

ex Clio 172 owner :(

I was once pulled over for not having seatbelt on, doing 35 around a 30 roundabout and having a near bald tyre. (Only occasion Ive never worn my seat belt too!) Had a chat with the guy, was a top bloke. Got off with a producer. Think it depends who ye get and on what day but most are ok.

Punto/Clio GTT

easy people. lol i was in my cousins clio few weeks back n he handbrake 180d.. soon as we were facin the way we came from we saw blue lights lol.... windows went down n he said " was that a handbrake turn i just saw?" my cousin said yea sorry about that.. officer said " was a good one wasnt it, just be careful son" n drove away. respect to the few policemen who aint complete bastids :)

FM

did you have the inflatable sheep in the back window?

that might have been you let off ;-)

lucky escape mate!

/y0z

Quote: Originally posted by Daipac on 15 March 2004

The inflatable sheep is no more due to..... ha hum....... over use !

its a bit like rimmer from red dwarf "break out the puncture repair kit " lol