ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bugs on my Lights

Gents and ladies has anyone found a way of getting those pesky flies and other creatures of the lamps of a 172 and also of the bumper! Ive tried elbow grease and Zymol products but nothing seems to shift them any help will be greatly appreciarted!

172, Tiguan

in a black bottle with a vivid green label. Its really good.

Put it straight on to a cloth over your finger and rub reasonably hard over the bug and itll come off no probs.

i get bugs all over the front of my car and i just use soap and a sponge cos the pressure washer doesnt move them this always works for me might try that bug stuff tho!!

172 Cup

I also use a spunge with a net type thing on it and for the realy hard to shift ones, I have some putty, looks a bit like "femo" or blue tack

GR7

Shiny red R32

Wrap some cling film over them and when it is a bit mucky, just throw it away and put on some fresh film! I use this method along the tops of my tall kitchen cupboards and it saves a lot of cleaning!

Another thing that should shift them is the scrunched up net looking thingy that you use in the shower.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

get a bath towel soak it and lay it on the front of the car, leave it for 10 mins and all the bugs will whipe off easy, baby whipes are also good, the halfords and turtle wax bug and tar remover is a strong chemical that does your clearcoat or laquer any good as it will melt a bit of it to free the bugs, also using shower scrunched up net looking think or any thing that feels ruff is silly you may as well rub sandpaper on it, deamon tweaks sell a clear piece of like plastic that you stick on the front of your car and when the bugs get on it they whipe off easy or you can peel it off and chuck it away, also stops so may stone chips.

GR7

Shiny red R32

MalIce

The scrunched up net shower thingy is only for cleaning off the headlights NOT THE PAINTWORK. The original question was about the bugs on the headlights NOT the body!!

CTR EK9 turbo

i just use a scouring sponge from in the kitchen -the green ones with the wavey tread pattern - the hard part of them has done no harm to my paint work. Its plastic anyway. Shifts the bugs in seconds

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

Quote: Originally posted by GirlRacer on 01 October 2003

MalIce

The scrunched up net shower thingy is only for cleaning off the headlights NOT THE PAINTWORK. The original question was about the bugs on the headlights NOT the body!!
the body work was mentioned!!!

no need to get so f**king upset, get back on your high horse, and try reading before you start stamping your feet.

how much is that stuff from halfords then? think it could be a good buy!

sorry if someone has already said this!

vix :)

2012 WRX Waggon

I love the clingfilm Idea....would be great if ur planning on going to a meet, and wanna arrive all fresh and clean:D.