ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bulbs for rear+front lights

tadas

ClioSport Club Member
  RS Clio 172 Ph1
Hello guys,

I currently own a 2000 RS clio 172 PH1.

Now with being disappointed with the light performance I am re-polishing them, and while I am at it I would like to change all the bulbs themselves.

For the rear lights all 4 on each side seem to be the same. What model are they? Are there any better ones?

For the front lights, which ones (non hid) should I get?

Lastly on the front lights at the very side of each, there are orange bulbs, that I think mess up all the great view. Can I change them to white ones? also what would you guys suggest?

If there is a guide and I missed it I am sorry.

Thanks!

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
There's a bulb guide here, http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?497154-Mk2-Full-Bulb-Guide

Indicators can be replaced with Silvervision bulbs, removing the orange 'fried egg' look. Or alternatively you can use OSRAM diadems, which appear blue when off.

I've changed my reverse lights for CREE Q5 LED ones, the difference is literally night and day, allows you to see very well when reversing.

You have a Ph.1, with projector headlights, so why not get HIDs? If you really don't want them, I recommend getting OSRAM Nightbreaker + bulbs, which are very good.

Search the above terms, along with the fitment from the guide, on eBay and pick them from a reputable seller.

tadas

ClioSport Club Member
  RS Clio 172 Ph1
There's a bulb guide here, http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?497154-Mk2-Full-Bulb-Guide

Indicators can be replaced with Silvervision bulbs, removing the orange 'fried egg' look. Or alternatively you can use OSRAM diadems, which appear blue when off.

I've changed my reverse lights for CREE Q5 LED ones, the difference is literally night and day, allows you to see very well when reversing.

You have a Ph.1, with projector headlights, so why not get HIDs? If you really don't want them, I recommend getting OSRAM Nightbreaker + bulbs, which are very good.

Search the above terms, along with the fitment from the guide, on eBay and pick them from a reputable seller.

You Sir are a great help indeed! Yes it is a Ph1, why not get HID's I am not too sure, but this week I need to pass a technical inspection exam for cars, which is probably what MOT is in Great Britain. If HID is also legal, please let me know which ones to use and I will certainly get them.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I don't know what the law is in Lithuania regarding HIDs, but they pass MOT's here, and there's nothing really to stop you putting HIDs in after the inspection.