ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Business Phone Systems

I'm not sure if anyone is in this line of work but I guess it's worth a shot!

My background is Windows operating system and Networking, however phone systems are something I've never covered.

Basically my dad has just got a new unit / office. I'm in the process of doing the networking install at the moment and telephone systems have just crossed my mind. There will only be three members off staff in the office, two downstairs on separate desks, and my dad in the room upstairs.

Now we need a system where all the calls will go to the Business Admin on the ground floor, who will then take the call or pass it upstairs to my dad. Also the phones will need to have their own number to the ground floor employees can call my dad, or vice-versa.

We only have one telephone line, which will also have a fax machine and the internet connect.

Under these circumstances is it actually possible, and how much out of pocket will my dad be afterwards? ;)

Also, digital or analogue?

Cheers CS and thanks in advance! I will also try and do some more research in the meantime!

Fiesta ST
For a small office - think about going with a hosted solution and using you internet connection? We install Cisco phones on PoE over a VLAN hosted solution. All users get a DDI number, voicmail etc. As long as you've got CAT5e where the phones need to go and a half decent internet your laughing.

Rav4
As longy said.

Look at a hosted system for the smaller stuff.

Voiphone and Soho66 are very good and reasonable.

:)

For a small office - think about going with a hosted solution and using you internet connection? We install Cisco phones on PoE over a VLAN hosted solution. All users get a DDI number, voicmail etc. As long as you've got CAT5e where the phones need to go and a half decent internet your laughing.

Hi Longy, there is cat5e to each desk as I installed it all over the weekend. But as for half decent internet, well no 2.5mb down and 0.3mb up. What are the sort of set-up costs and then monthly costs with a solution like this?

As longy said.

Look at a hosted system for the smaller stuff.

Voiphone and Soho66 are very good and reasonable.

:)

Thanks for the reply, I'll have a look!

Rav4
Your internet bandwidth is very important, those speeds are likely not good enough.

Can you upgrade to fibre ?

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
No, the area is crap for internet :( Also fibre isn't available in the area! We could have one put in but we're then talking serious money as the exchange is the other side of the city pretty much.

What issues have you had with them?

Horrendous customer service & endless promises with the regards to the system, barely any of which have worked. We've had blackouts with the system on regular basis that have been for a whole day on one occasion.

Horrendous customer service & endless promises with the regards to the system, barely any of which have worked. We've had blackouts with the system on regular basis that have been for a whole day on one occasion.

Fair enough, I will steer clear of them then! Do you still use them, or have you moved to someone else? If you have moved who do you use now?

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Fair enough, I will steer clear of them then! Do you still use them, or have you moved to someone else? If you have moved who do you use now?

We are still with them as the system cost so much. We made the mistake of paying them upfront as well.