ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

buying cheap tyre advice

MK2 PH2 & E46 330
im an absolute cheapster i know. but i need to start watching the pennies cause im off to uni in september, and i realised ive blown most of my money on crap.

SO....

when it comes to getting new tyres (195x45x15), what brands should i be looking at? what should i avoid?

I was thinking getting them online if anyone knows any sites?, then getting somewhere to fit them - how much would that cost me usually?

cheers!

Black Clio GT
go on mytyres a good cheap tyre are nankgang (spelling) and they were about £35 a corner when i bought some 6 months ago......

mytyres and blackcircles are usually good places to look for tires.

Blackcircles also includes a fitting option at a garage near you.

MK2 PH2 & E46 330
mytyres and blackcircles are usually good places to look for tires.

Blackcircles also includes a fitting option at a garage near you.

they have a budget tyres option? are these generally pap? or actually decent value?

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
My advice would be to get the best tyre you can afford. Also when looking at budget tyres get one by a well known tyre manufacturer. Kwik-fit iirc do budget brand called Bravum (not sure about spelling) made by Continental.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
get something half decent mate, i got 4x toyo proxes in 195/50's delivered for £120 from mytyres.co.uk, so your looking at £60 for 2.

or something similar.

mk1 RT
nankangs in 195/45 15 are horrible in the wet :eek: but an ok budget tyre you get what you pay for

got pirelli p7s on there lots of grip :cool:

195/45's are the closest to std mk1 size 165/65,13 or 155/70,13

BMW 330D
Dont forget that the tyres are the part of the car, that keeps it on the road. If you scrimp on tyres your car aint gonna stay on the road. Get some decent tyres mate!

Scenic mk1 (F3R)
my dads got some cheep tyres on his ax which i got cant remember the make (will look tomorow) but they grip like a pimp grips his bitches hair.

i learnt the hard way that budget tyres are usually shat... they wear in no time and are just a waste of money... spend a bit extra seeing as its the only part of the car keeping it on the road, as said above...

i got some goodyear eagle f1 gsd3's for 55 quid a piece from black circles the other week

ITB BG 182
ring happy tyre man in nottingham an ask for Ron an get a quote on some tyres for your car and then for himt o courier them at your expense.
I had a lad from north wales phone him an he got 2 Eagle f1 gsd3's for £30 a piece then the courier for 21 quid or some thing.

The tyres are pratically brand new but there class'd as seconds because upon inspection from the factory they might have a letter out of place or possibly the thread might be slightly off line but nothing that would affect you.

If ya do phone them say john with the black clio advised you to them.

^^^ Lols we supply happy tyre man :D

Yeah like everyone has said dont go for budgets whatever because they are shat.
You will be better looking at 195/50/15 probly on a h or v rating goodyear nct5's are a cracking price atm and well worth a look.