ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buzzing.... help needed

255 V6 Black Gold
Hi,

Just fitted all my sound sytem in my car...

Deh-p9800bt headunit

JBL 1200W sub
JBL 6 channel Amp
JBL 6 x 9
JBL 80w rms 16.5 components and tweeters.

I have everything running off the amp. The pioneer head unit has rear out, front out and sub out so all them go to the amp. Then the speakers and sub off that.

However when no music is on there is a buzzing noise coming from the speakers. Even when the sound is turned down. Only way it goes is unplugging the inputs for the front / rear speakers from the amp or turning the input level down on the amp to 0.

Anyone familiar with what causes this buzzing? I have not got it turned up to a stupid level, and from what i can see there are no shorts in the wires. All the wiring was done by me to a very high level and is all fresh (ie not used original speaker wiring which came with the car)

any help appreciated.

Thanks* edit, also the pitch of the buzzing goes up/down when you jab the accelerator. This makes me suspect its a power issue or the amp faulty?

and for info, i have done as per the best and ran the speakers and inputs down the opposite side of the car to the power and the remote on.

Stanced Honda S2000
sounds like an earthing issue to me , make sure you have a really good earth back to the car

ive found :

where the rear seats are mountedis a good earth or ideally back to the battery !

i had a similar issue..

hope this helpsmatey but thats what it sounds like, imguessing you dont get the wizzing when car is not on....

would be earth

also.... invest in some nice chunky ass cable... im running 4 gauge but maybe ott foryours mate, but you wouldnt have any problems then :)

255 V6 Black Gold
Nice one I will give it a try.

at the moment its just earthed to the bolt which has the u clip hanging off it either side of the inside of the boot (just near the rear light twist holders)

I will get a proper solid earth tomorrow and see how i get on (i didnt think it was earth because the amp actually worked, didnt think it would work at all if it wasnt earthed well enough)

I will report back tomorrow.

1.2 MK2 PH2
little tip not so commonly known! if u run ur remoter cable and u power cable down the oposite side to ur RS cable (fk is it rs i cant remember been so long since i looked at mine!) and any speaker cables it should remove the buzz that makes it sound as though u have a turbo.... this is due to electrical current and the cables pick it up! but it could also be a ground issue, mines strapped to the rear bumper bolt!