ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bye Bye SL55AMG, Hello...SL63AMG

Engles Mummy
Nope, sadly it's not mine.

This is my Dads SL55AMG replacement car, the much meaner, leaner and bad boy-er 63amg.

I have to say when I drove the 55AMG, I didn't think you could get much faster...but this 63 is in a whole new ball game. The speed of which it's delivered its just f**king back breaking, it’s much rawer then the 55 and it also sounds soooo much better, a proper grunt.

I love the way it makes my m3 look sooooooooooooo dated lol.

Pics-

01042009869.jpg

01042009870.jpg

01042009871.jpg

01042009872.jpg

01042009873.jpg

01042009874.jpg

01042009875.jpg

01042009876.jpg

More Pictures and the all important M3 vs 63 showdown! Obviously I'm going to lose, but...how badly?

Adios Amigos!

Adam

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Christ...

Rare car there fella, am I right in thinking they're 200k?

Twin turbo V12... Saw one the other week on the motorway, sadly he didn't want to show us how fast it was :(

Astra Twintop
not keen on the silver side vent detail, looks a bit stick on!
if they were in CF......................

Engles Mummy
Christ...

Twin turbo V12... Saw one the other week on the motorway, sadly he didn't want to show us how fast it was :(

Not sure mate, he wouldnt tell me anyway. But when hes not looking I'll take it for a burn, i need that power hit!

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Edit, just realised I was thinking of the SL65 AMG... Isn't the 63 the NA lump? If so I'm pretty sure it's not faster than the 55 at all.

Engles Mummy
Edit, just realised I was thinking of the SL65 AMG... Isn't the 63 the NA lump? If so I'm pretty sure it's not faster than the 55 at all.

Thats what I thought. 0-60 is only .200 of a second quicker but it feels very different to the 55. Both cars are rapid, but this just feels & sounds completely different.

B

Brown.

Vids of pace are a must!!!

Best parental owned car on CS i reckon

Last edited by a moderator:

Da

Less
Lol @ people picking faults!

Awesome car, my parents would never dare own anything so sexy! :dapprove:

Elise/VX220/R26
Very nice. Is this the car that they use for the safety car in F1? I was thinking how nice that looked at the weekend. In fact some man pee leaked out at one point.

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
It must be your pics, because I normally fap heavily over fast mercs but that is going nothing for me at all.

Golf R soon...
Love the AMG Mercs, but I think they went a little wrong on the front end on this one...but how cares, you've got uber power there! lol

Last edited:

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Amazing Car..... I'm trying to convince my Mum she wants a SL55 at the moment.

Christ...

200k? Noooo, seriously?? There are three in Knutsford and about five of the damn things in Alderley on a Sat night!!

Beautiful cars, love them to death, there is a beauty of a white one that cruises around.

Nice upgrade!

Jamie

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo

its a 6.3 supercharged v8 i think its 518 bhp iirc ooooppsss its not super charged lol

Last edited:
  VX220 lightning
guy my way has it in the nice blue... think its only the 55 version... anyway he looks like a d*** (loud music shades etc) and drives the arse off it.... annoying, but cant help but love the car!

Audi TT
1000ft/lb torque = 2 big wiggly snakes up the road when you plant the loud pedal even at 50mph as a mate found. Insane amounts of raw power there.

Trophy #490
I thought CS were a knowledgable bunch! It's a 6.2 naturally aspirated V8 (although it's called a '63' in honour of the 1971 Spa 24 hour car IIRC), 525bhp and 450lb ft of torque (less than the SL55 but in a more accessible place in the rev range for more grunt, lower down.

Around £100,000 new, the talks of £200k I think you are getting mixed up with the SL65 AMG (Black Series).