ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bye Bye SL55AMG, Hello...SL63AMG

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
No one's got the car right, in here yet! lol

It's the 6.2l n/a AMG V8. They call it 6.3 for historical reasons IIRC.

Screamer of a lump compared to the old forced 5.5.

Nice car, very nice car.

Edit: PMSL. Just noticed JT's post. Nicely done. ;)

Trophy #490
Well as far as I was aware Cliosport was a place full of car enthusiasts who actually know these obvious facts!

Still, a very nice car though. Still not keen on the new front end of the SL, but yes a mean looking thing from behind.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
200k? Noooo, seriously?? There are three in Knutsford and about five of the damn things in Alderley on a Sat night!!

Beautiful cars, love them to death, there is a beauty of a white one that cruises around.

Nice upgrade!

Jamie

Just looked it up, £150k list before the 4 figure priced options, 0-60 in 4 seconds and over 2 tonnes. That's the SL65 though, the one I was thinking of.

Engles Mummy
subway where you from? recognize the plate

I live near Chelmsford mate. But I'm always travelling to and from london and all around the South East. Where you from?

Fuge - lol at the AMG branding, good spot.

Got the car yesterday, so I'll have to wait till the novelty dies down, then I’ll get my chance to take the beast out. Can’t believe how much it makes my car look dated when parked next to it, really annoying!

Elise/VX220/R26
Course it will. That merc is built for the autobhan really. Its going to be a mission threading it down a B road.

Focus RS Mk1
Can you honestly say that the merc will feel more connected than an m3??? M3 is up there with the all time great drivers cars and i reckon pretty much everyone wil agree with that! Yeah the merc will be faster, have more grunt etc but i know id take the m3 all day every day!

Mercs have a bad reputation for bad handling...

in fact as further proof of this, my dad, used to own the later shape Merc CLK (turbo v6 deisel version, sport jobby, cant remember the title now) but that handled like crap. he now has a BMW 5 series. 535 twin turbo diesel and that is on another level for handling.

Just my own experience i might ad but it backs my views.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
My grandad used to have a 55 AMG and that was a beast to say the least, love these things, looks gorgeous in black.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
very nice, company owner in same building as the company I work for has the CL 63

1848_mercedes_cl_63_amg_1600.jpg

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
Epic cars. Hate the facelifted headlights though.

Was in an SL55 yesterday, the speed is so addictive. I think I prefer the supercharged 5.5 to the 6.2 sound though. There is something about that supercharged engine that sounds so damn good.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
Epic cars. Hate the facelifted headlights though.

Was in an SL55 yesterday, the speed is so addictive. I think I prefer the supercharged 5.4 to the 6.2 sound though. There is something about that supercharged engine that sounds so damn good.

Why can't we edit posts anymore? Thats bizarre.