ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bypass seat airbag?

Hi guys my name is Ryan,

I'm only 19 and have just got my first years no claims and I really like the clio soort but obviously I cannot afford to buy or insure one, so I decided I would buy a 1.4 clio instead as my friend is selling one.

The clio is a 2003 model, and he said the previous seats had airbags but they were all worn so he changed all the seats which do not have airbags, which turned in the airbag and service light. I was just wondering if there is a way to bypass it or turn off the light because obviously I do not need those airbags as my other two probably still work fine?

I have also been advised to check it's not the pretensor (was told that's wiring to belt) as the airbag being unplugged cannot turn light on. He'sa ggood friend of mine and I like the car so would like to get it off him, just the airbag problem is an issue,

Anyone who could help I would be entirely greatful,
Many thanks
Ryan