ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cambelt change

PH1 172
Can anybody tell me how much it would cost to do a cambelt change on a mk1 172 by Renault i.e. parts and labour?

Cheers in advance

ph1 172...a red one
A small fortune by all accounts and a hit and miss as to them getting it right... Concensus on here is to get it done by a specalist, Rentech are not that far from you.

Welcome by the way!!

PH1 172
nockmeister said:
A small fortune by all accounts and a hit and miss as to them getting it right... Concensus on here is to get it done by a specalist, Rentech are not that far from you.

Welcome by the way!!

Thanks for the information mate have you got a number for Rentech by any chance?

Last edited:
  clio 172
had mine done last month.
charged 120 for labour including changing aux belt and tensioner and idler bearings on that one.
that was not renault though.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I booked mine today for the 72k cambelt doo-daa...and I wouldn't let anyone other than Mike at Rentech do it.

I've got no idea of the cost though, I didn't ask as there's no need. I know that whatever Mike charges me will be almost 50% less than a Renault main stealer.

£120 is a bargin its over 5 hours work to do assuming you do it correctly and change all the tensioners.

PH1 172
Cheers for the info guys much appreciated

hoperacing said:
had mine done last month.
charged 120 for labour including changing aux belt and tensioner and idler bearings on that one.
that was not renault though.

How has it been since?