ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cambelt change

Clio Sport 197
Hey guys im looking at buying a 197 next weekend. Ive heard the cambelt changes are pretty pricey though ? how much does it cost and at how many miles should it be done ?

thanks

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Will be cheaper/easier job than a 172/182

Did one about a year ago (£399) i work at the stealers.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
We charge £380 fully inclussive; thats timing belt kit, aux-belt kit, cam seals x4 (front and rear) and all fixings, service book stamped and 12months parts and labour warranty. If you want the waterpump doing its an extra £120 and includes for a new thermostat and type-D coolant.

Mick

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
We charge £380 fully inclussive; thats timing belt kit, aux-belt kit, cam seals x4 (front and rear) and all fixings, service book stamped and 12months parts and labour warranty. If you want the waterpump doing its an extra £120 and includes for a new thermostat and type-D coolant.

Mick

Much easier to get at on the 197's than the 182's, then? :)

D.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
its the same job really except the front end doesnt need to come off and the aux. belt takes 10mins to swap... still a decent size task though and not 10mins

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I'm £465 all in with both kits and the water pump, all genuine bits

Most awkward part I've found is getting to the exhaust cam pulley to angle tighten the nut. No room with the brake reservoir just there