ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Camber bolt fitting

S-Max & Mk7 GTi
Got some Powerflex camber bolts delivered today so going to get them fitted tonight. Anything in particular to look out for/be aware of?!

Wouldnt say anything to worry about. Some people say theirs have come loose on track but for fast road they are fine, have been fine for me anyway

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Make sure they're the 14mm bolts, as powerflex do a 12mm too and they get sent out in error sometimes.

Just make sure you torque the bolts properly to their spec. I think the camber bolts are 140nm and the normal lower bolt will be 180nm.

Can be a bit tight getting the tabs into the hole, sometimes requires a little tap once you've lined it up Remember tabs in for negative camber and you can actually get it pretty even side to side if you have a good eye. Last few times I've done mine it's not needed adjusting at the garage saving a few quid on camber adjustment, toe is a different story though so ALWAYS go for alignment after fitting either hunter or supertracker equipment is recommended for accuracy.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Make sure they're the 14mm bolts, as powerflex do a 12mm too and they get sent out in error sometimes.

Just make sure you torque the bolts properly to their spec. I think the camber bolts are 140nm and the normal lower bolt will be 180nm.
The lower shock bolt is only 120 isn't it?

Eibach are 132. They have all the torques for the different bolts/sizes and I mistakingly torqued up to 169 the first time haha, was no different though. Wrench clicks, one last check, turns another 1/4 way then clicks again, keep repeating un-till you realise that you're an idiot :expressionless: