ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Camera bundle options :s

Rumour has it that camera prices have pretty much bottomed out now, and most manufacturers are aiming for at least a 10% price rise across the board in January.

As always, anything could happen, but it's been suggested by an awful lot of people.

Artic Blue 182 FF
Rumour has it that camera prices have pretty much bottomed out now, and most manufacturers are aiming for at least a 10% price rise across the board in January.

As always, anything could happen, but it's been suggested by an awful lot of people.

Off topic i know...is this just on bodies, or on lens' and all other types of kit too? :dapprove:

Fiat Panda 100hp
That better not be true Chris. I'm spending over 1k on my camera and lens late january :(

That better not be true Chris. I'm spending over 1k on my camera and lens late january :(

Just noticed it mentioned in 2 or 3 places lately, obliviously anything can happen in the current climate so it's hard to say for sure, but certain items have begun creeping up already and a few people at Canon have been quoted as saying their prices will rise by 10-15% across the board in January.

At the very least I wouldn't expect much in the way of sales in January, camera equipment prices are the lowest in Europe here in the UK at the moment apparently, take my D90 for example, I waited for it to drop by £50-70 off the RRP, but in the past month it's dropped a further £100. The RRP is about £680 now with the VAT cut, but it's being sold for £550.

Retail margins are almost non existent at the moment, and import prices are only going one way. When a bricks and mortar store such as Jessops can significantly undercut internet only retailers, you wonder how long they are likely to last (I got a Sigma 20mm f1.8 from Jessops today, about £60 less than most internet retailers)

Fiat Panda 100hp
Sorry Chris, explain to me again why Jessops are cheaper than internet retailers? Thought they would have been more expensive with more overheads etc. Their prices seem pretty good though.

I can't buy until January, as it's for my 21st.

Sorry Chris, explain to me again why Jessops are cheaper than internet retailers? Thought they would have been more expensive with more overheads etc. Their prices seem pretty good though.

That's the thing, for a lot of stuff lately they've been cheaper than 100% online companies...it just doesn't add up so I have no idea how they are doing it, especially considering one major online retailer has gone under and more will surely follow. The stores don't seem that busy so unless the online store has a "pile them high, sell them cheap" policy to try and turn the company around, I can't see how they are managing it.

Today they had Nikon D80s with the 18-55 VR kit lens for £390, as bang for buck goes that has to be the cheapest camera on the market right now. They are undercutting everybody on the D40 and D60 (two cameras which have helped push Nikon DSLR sales past Canon recently, so they must be shifting in big numbers) and a brief look at Canon DSLRs on Camera Price Buster suggests they are extremely competitive with them as well.

Rally bus
I heard about the price rise thing too, from someone who works for Jessops.

And D300's have dipped below £900 now.... hmmmmm.