ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Newbie to dslr's

Ph1 172 (titanium)
First thing everyone will say is going into a shop and get hands on. See which camera feels best. Then go on budget. But it's what feels best for you!

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
If you want to buy new then go into Jessops and try out a few and see what you like, or just go in to see which one you like and buy second hand.

If you are going to buy second hand then I’m selling my Nikon D5100 body, its the more advanced and better version of that D3100, Its up for £310 but I can be flexible on the price, should you buy it then all you’d need to do is buy a kit lens (£90) and the 55-200mm (£113). But some people like buying new which is fair enough, but its a very good camera for the price, especially considering the price of that D3100! Mine also includes a second Nikon battery worth £40.

the only problem the closest jessops to me is dundee but been looking on there website and seen 3 or 4 a like the look of and they all seem to find what im looking for

I know i need a higher iso rating for motorsport but have been told that i need a wider angle lens then a telephoto so I'm kind of stuck on what to go for..i have a budget upto 700 for everything but would like it to be cheaper

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Well if you want a good Nikon body for a good price to start off from then I would sell my D5100 for £310 posted. Then you have £390 to play with for lenses :)

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Doesn't necessarily have to be a Jessops, go into a Currys etc and have a play with a few. This is what I did, picked up both a Nikon and a Canon and much preferred the layout of the buttons and ease of use of the Canon.

Ended up with a Canon and don't regret it :)

im going to nip up tomorrow and get a look at what they have and get a feel for them then going to a mates at night and hes going to talk me through some thing with his 550d but a like to get a few opinions, just hope that currys or comet have a photography expert of some one with a slight passion that can explain things to me rather than someone just trying to make commission

Ph1 172 (titanium)
im going to nip up tomorrow and get a look at what they have and get a feel for them then going to a mates at night and hes going to talk me through some thing with his 550d but a like to get a few opinions, just hope that currys or comet have a photography expert of some one with a slight passion that can explain things to me rather than someone just trying to make commission

I have 550d and I love it!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
You'll still be able to pick a 550 up and quite cheap too I think, they are probably just pushing the newer 650 instead.

Like everyone said though, go and play with a few, you might not be too bothered or you might hate one and love the other.