ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

camera for a newcomer?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Been reading through the forum and find it all very interesting. Quite fancy picking up a camera but all these DSLR's seem to be the thick end of £400.

Am i just not in the loop to find the best bargains for these cameras?

Can anyone advise a good starting camera and the equipment you would need?

Plus any books/websites for advice on how to get the shots you want?

VaVa
Refurbed 400D from ebay for £270 - Comes with a 1 year warranty from the Canon outlet on ebay.

Makes more sense than a D40 imho... nowt wrong with the D40, but you'll want to upgrade from it much sooner. Everyone on here has.

400D Features
10.1 Megapixel CMOS sensor
EOS Integrated Cleaning System
2.5" LCD
9-point wide-area AF
Picture Styles
DIGIC II
3fps with up to 27 frame burst
DPP RAW image processing software
Compact and lightweight
EF/EF-S lens and EX Speedlite flash compatible

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/items/?_nkw=...trksid=m270.l1313&_odkw=refurb+400d&_osacat=0

Last edited:

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Refurbed 400D from ebay for £270 - Comes with a 1 year warranty from the Canon outlet on ebay.

Makes more sense than a D40 imho... nowt wrong with the D40, but you'll want to upgrade from it much sooner. Everyone on here has.

400D Features
10.1 Megapixel CMOS sensor
EOS Integrated Cleaning System
2.5" LCD
9-point wide-area AF
Picture Styles
DIGIC II
3fps with up to 27 frame burst
DPP RAW image processing software
Compact and lightweight
EF/EF-S lens and EX Speedlite flash compatible

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/items/?_nkw=...trksid=m270.l1313&_odkw=refurb+400d&_osacat=0

i concur, good choice sir.

VaVa
I noticed that too... not looked on there for ages, but some of the Body prices are insane. In fact I'm thinking of chopping my 350D in for a 400D for that money! Not a big step, but would only cost me probably £70!

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
yeah i was looking at the canon ebay shop. cheers for the help.

Is there anything else i would need to start with? I guess a memory card would be handy for it and a bag to keep it safe.

VaVa
Yeah....You'll need a CF card, I'd go for 4GB. They're peanuts to buy though.

Canon do a bag and strap that fit the 350/400D and the kit lens in perfectly.

Forgot to add... go to your nearest camera shop and have a feel of a couple of cameras. You don't need to be an expert to figure out what feels comfortable in your hand and what doesn't.

B

Brown.

If i was you id scour ebay for a prime piece of equipment,canon 20d or even a 300d, will be very cheap, but will allow you to get great results.

lens that are good for starters are just the run of the mill ones ya get in bundles

18- 55mm
70- 300mm etc...... dpreview.com will give you reviews of every modern camera every made.

A4 Avant & A3
just saw on Hotdeals website, Argos have the D40 for £224.... plus you get a £10 voucher for spending over £100.
Any cheaper & i'm gonna have to buy one!