ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Camera insurance

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
Will be going on holiday later this year and want to take out a decent insurance for the camera equipment. Would also be handy to have something incase it gets ruined while out and about in the UK

Anyone got insurance on their equipment or know of a good company to take it with?

Black 172...KN53EL*
Not sure about when abroad, but as part of my house insurance I have cover for gadgets (which does include cameras, I asked) when away from the home.

Would it not be covered by your holiday insurance ?

Bus w**ker
I'm insured with E&L which incorporates trips abroad for up to 30 days a year, but you can extend that to 90 days for increased premium. Depending on your gear and if you shoot for profit you're probably only looking around £50 per year. Can't confess to know what they are like regarding claims though as I've never had to so far, but they sure were good at taking my money PMSL.

I was with AUA last year but didn't bother renewing when they changed the terms of insurance and stipulated that they no longer covered motorsport photography lol.