ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Camera insurance

Any recommendations , for camera insurance ,

need to cover in car as its often in there at times when away from home (though never left for long )

eu cover with 30days outside eu ?

Cupra
Mine was also an add on with the house insurance. I had to use it a while back after my camera bag took a tumble and they paid out without receipts or photos of the damage.

I almost regret being honest about it as I can't get a replacement filter for even close to what I paid for mine at the time. At least I got what I paid for it back.

will call them tomorrow , as most online quotes for the value i need are coming out to around the £250 per year at the moment .

ITB BG 182
I'm insured for £1,500 worth of equipment outside my house...
My camera's body is worth about that much, nevermind one of 2 lenses, filters, batteries, flashes etc etc....

Thank you for pointing out that I may also need to get insurance too...

My camera's body is worth about that much, nevermind one of 2 lenses, filters, batteries, flashes etc etc....

Thank you for pointing out that I may also need to get insurance too...

i am about to go out of the country on safari , travelling through africa has more chance of "bags" going missing , and the number i came to was one that neither my house or holiday insurance would cover as standard.

it may be possible to add to my house insurance but its certainly going to cost , however i need to see if its cheaper to go separate or add on .

don't travel that often , and don't want to get sucked into another forum !! but thanks will ask away .....

only travel away a couple of times a year anyhow.

Tony ...

is it a bit early mate ;)

that's what i did yesterday because coincidentally the policy i have for the house has been moved by RSA to be looked after by a dedicated broker, and they sent me a letter, so rather than having to find the paperwork it was there in front of me , and yes covered for 15k outside the house , so all is fine and dandy .

and its covered in the car , no silly armed guards needed etc etc ...... (most of the dedicated policys i read meant it had to be locked in a room when unattended that was protected by a 5 lever mortice (and when questioned they said yes and hotel rooms !!) and if in something like a hotel room they had to be inside another locked cupboard .....

so basically on safari it would not have been insured !!

the exclusions on camera policies were amazing , and most had a per item excess not a per claim one , so when your camera bag complete goes walkies you paying ££££ in excess.

"Navy" N17 TWO
I was looking into this too, I think Photogaurd were cheapest so far but they don't cover Professional Indemnity or so I read on TP forum

Aaduki were about £100 more expensive

Oil Burner
I was looking into this too, I think Photogaurd were cheapest so far but they don't cover Professional Indemnity or so I read on TP forum

Aaduki were about £100 more expensive

They do as far as i can see if you choose the Pro policy

https://www.jltonline.co.uk/secure/...sionID={40ABB007-52A6-4800-9009-AB51EB118F42}

I've used Photoguard for my insurance and PLI for 3 years and they have been fine. But i've never made a claim. Which is where apparently they are not all that.

Oil Burner
That's what worries me!

Same. Although as far as i can work out the generally held negativity towards Photoguard on TP is based around a few members experiences. One in particular a moderator (and friend of mine) who they wouldn't pay out for. Equally his claim didn't meet their requirement for theft - which are very similar to most insurers. So i do wonder if it is just a case of a few peoples experiences being held up as fact. They must be one of the largest Camera insurance companies in the UK and i honestly haven't read that many specific issues.

Hopefully i wont ever have to use my insurance with them, i just need my sodding PLI for work.